Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by MDL

Member Name: MDL
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: IA

NCL EPIC = VERY POOR NEVER AGAIN
First time on the NCL cruise line. AND THE LAST. Cruised jan 5/13. Should have believed other negative reviews. Everything about this ship is about nickle and dimming you. It is not free style it is FEE STYLE. From the time you arrive at the dock where porters want a tip to having to pay a ridiculous amount for fountain drink package.

Mandatory Safety meeting was alarming to me! We were herded like cattle to areas of the ship where very unprofessional and unfriendly staff mumbled something about meeting in this place if we have to abandoned ship. Because there is no promenade deck you have no idea how or where they will bring you to get on life boats.

Food, don't need a long story it was only edible. ENTERTAINMENT; Terrible. Even dueling pianos want a tip to play a request. Legends in concert, I've been to better high school concerts. Second city, walked out. Terrible. Blue Man Group so so.

The only time you can see outside of this boat is if you go up to the 15th deck where all other 4000 people are. No promenade deck to walk around. Posh is on deck 18, but you have to pay to go up there and there is only a few chairs and they are all in the sun. In Instead of rambling on I will just sum up this way. CHOOSE ANOTHER CRUISELINE. Norwegian is all about getting money from you after you have paid for the cruise. Many first time NCL cruisers were complaining. We did not pay the gratuity, you can go down the last day of the cruise and ask for it back. They give you a form to fill in. In all the cruises we have taken we have never not paid gratuity, but in this case it was not deserved. If we got good table service we left the tip in the hand of the server.

All in all, terrible cruise, on a terrible ship, and terrible cruise line.

Please don't catagorize me as a complainer, I am not. I am telling you the truth as did other past passengers, which I said to myself can't be that bad!!

WELL IT IS. PLEASE CHOOSE ANOTHER CRUISE LINE THE ARE SO MANY GOOD ONES OUT THERE. THIS CRUISE IS LOW CLASS!!!!!

Publication Date: 01/17/13