Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by darlenec

Member Name: darlenec
Cruise Date: November 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: RS
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Royal Suite on Jewel of the Seas
This review is on the room only...not the service received. I think it is best, in this instance, and regarding the promised services, to observe the old adage: " If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"

As of our November 2012 sailing,The royal suite is simply all I hoped it would be. There is a private hallway leading to the room, with the concierge lounge just steps away. This was really nice in the evenings because they serve complimentary drinks and a nice selection of nibbles in the lounge, so you could get drinks and a selection of snacks and hop around the corner to your own private balcony to enjoy. The suite is very nice with a lot of wood and marble. We slept five very comfortably. There is a master bedroom with adjoining bathroom..very nice with separate toilet area. Walk through closet and wall safe. Living room has grand piano, full wet bar with coffee maker and hot pot, huge television, large sitting area. There is a large dining table as well. There is an additional bathroom right as you enter the room. One of our favorite features was the incredible balcony. It is huge and well laid out. Entrances to the balcony are from the living area, bedroom, and by the piano. Comfortable table and chairs for four as well as two comfy lounge chairs at the end. Awesome unobstructed views.Unbelievable amount of storage space. All in all, the suite is really nice for families, comfortable and spacious.

Just a sidebar....when my husband and I book a cruise, we always have a hard time deciding on a room due to "vague" descriptions by the cruiselines. We have to search for details and it's usually a hit or miss proposition to find accurate room descriptions. However, cruisecritic has become our "go to" to get the real skinny on a room before we book. I just wanted to do my part and add to the other "real person information" offered on the site. Our next cruise is in a "Haven Suite" on NCL...so I'll be adding my 2cents on that in a few months.

Publication Date: 01/17/13