“A Mixed Bag”

BudinFla
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I have been on over 50 cruises on many different lines. We had heard great things about Celebrity and decided to try a 5 day cruise on the Constellation. The cruise departed from Miami and called at Roatan and Cozumel. Arrival We had made parking arrangements with Premier Parking after reading some good reviews on line. What a terrible mistake. We arrived at their lot at 12:45 pm, the time on our reservationn and were told to leave and come back in a couple of hours. That they had no room for any more cars. Well, where do you go in Miami for an hour or two when waiting to park your car? We looked around for another lot and finally called the home office and got them to intervene and have the lot start valet parking. Of course, then we had to wait over 45 minutes for a shuttle to get to the port! Called a cab, but they never showed. So we finally arrived at the port at about 2:45 pm. There was no line to check in, but some how the lady took about 10 minutes to get us checked in and did not swipe the credit card for my wife ( we found out later). Once on the ship, we were greeted by free drinks, but no directions. We found out room and it was made up and ready for occupancy. We went up to the Sea View and had lunch. The lifeboat drill was painless and over fairly quickly and we set sail for Roatan. Room: Our room was a standard inside and was very nice. Had a great shower, much bigger than most ships, but poorly arranged closets. You could not open the bathroom door if someone was trying to get in the closet. Otherwise the room was fine. The biggest complaint we had about the Constellation was that it should have been refurbished a year ago, not 2013. There were torn duvet covers, stained blankets, stained towels and mildew in the bathrooms. This is not what one expects from a top drawer cruise line. Food: Dining room food was very good. Best French Onion Soup I have ever had. All dishes were served hot and had good taste. Found very little that was not good. Service in the dining room was excellent, again among the best I have had. We had Early Dining. The food on the Buffet was bland and never changed. I thought they could do much better. The Pizza was just average. The Buffet set up was confusing and people seemed to have a lot of trouble figuring out where to go to get what. Entertainment: Excellent. Of the five acts 4 were among the best I have seen. Only the juggler was not very good. The Cruise Director was good and very approachable. Ship Condition: Needs refurbishment. Threadbare and dirty in places. Also, was told by a number of Celebrity fans, don't judge the line by this ship. I hope they are correct. Corners were cut because it was a five day cruise-- no lobster, no prawns, etc. Seems to me they would go all out to impress you so that you would do a longer cruise with them. We had 10 in our group and none were excited about going on another Celebrity Cruise. They said this one was just OK. Disembarkation-- Very quick and very smooth-- no complaints at all. Overall: Would try Celebrity again if the itinerary was one I wanted and the price was good. But if I have to choose, everything else being equal, I would said with Princess or Holland America before Celebrity.
Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside Stateroom 9

097101
Cabin was fine. Large shower. Nice location. Very quiet, but not far from elevators and steps. Would recommend.

Port
Took a tour with Victor Bodden. Was a private Best of Roatan tour and was great value for the money. Saw most of the Island, the Monkeys and got to snorkel and lunch. Would recommend.
Read 2,211 Roatan Reviews
Published 01/17/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Constellation Review
Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?