Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by ZACHATTACK13

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by ZACHATTACK13
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: ZACHATTACK13
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: E2
See More About: Explorer of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

EXPLORER CRUISE WITH FAMILY
Usually my husband and I sail NCL but did sail on EOTS in April 2008 for my sister's wedding cruise. I must say, weather on this trip was MUCH better. Being dropped off around 10:15 am worked really well because we beat the traffice getting in. My husband dropped myself and my son off so we didn't need to park but getting there before the crowds was a benefit, no lines to drop off, no lines to check in. I know the rest of my family that arrived on a bus a bit later sat in A LOT of traffice just trying to get to luggage drop off. Boarding went smoothly right around noon.

Lunch was in the Windjammer only, they should also serve in one of the dining rooms also as NCL does to avoid too much craziness at the buffet. Tough finding tables once it got crowded.

We sailed with a lot of family members so our week was never boring. Our stateroom was a Balcony on deck 7, great location near the promenade. Elevators were crowded and slow much of the time, always when trying to get to the dining room. Our stateroom was always clean but we really didn't see our room steward very much and only got 3 nights of towel animals! (:))

The food I must say could have had more of a selection. I remember liking NCL food better. The hashbrowns for breakfast in the dining room had no taste. Our waiter Amanda, and assistant waiter Camilla were wonderful! Amanda, hope you're having a wonderful time at home!

Never a problem finding a chair up on deck 12. I don't like to sit right ON the pool deck because it's always congested so deck 12 was very nice.

Entertainment was better than I remember 5 years ago. LOVED Home Free, one of the Headliner acts on board during our cruise.

Dinner time at 6 was fine although I do prefer NCL freestyle dining to set times.

LOVE the Royal Promenade with the bars, cafe and shops. I love this to people watch. I wish NCL had these on their ships.

Generally I am not a fussy cruiser so I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The ship is due for a refurbish but it didn't ruin my time or my son's, whatsoever.

Publication Date: 01/17/13