Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by hdavid1002: QM 2 - Not for everyone

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Eastern Caribbean Cruises

QM 2 - Not for everyone

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

We had the best obstructed view room, so we were very happy about that. Overall, we loved the ship... although it was old, it had gone through a recent renovation, replacing carpets and bedding.

The room was a typical room on this type of cruise line. No real amenities, but very clean. Simple, small TV in the room. Having a small refrigerator in the room was very helpful. Cunard did not seem to have any problems with bringing alcohol on board as long as it was consumed in the room. The port of calls were fine. We were on the holiday cruise that had many people with the noro virus. We felt the line did an excellent job trying to contain it. The already overworked crew were cleaning everything constantly. 200 people came down with the virus, but other than constantly washing our hands and being careful, it didn't seem to affect our cruise.

The food in the dining room was acceptable, but the food at the morning buffet was very limited and not the best choices. More The food a the lunch buffet was at best average. There was very little variety. If you like bland and blander, you would love it. I have been on many cruises, but this was the first cruise I actually lost 4 pounds on.... I never remember a cruise where I didn't add weight.

The common spaces were very nice and the casino was acceptable. Loads of bridge players if interested. 4 nights men had to where a suit coat, 4 nights a suit coat and tie and 4 nights were formal. I don't mind getting dressed on a cruise a few times, but not every night.... too much.The waiters were very professional and good, but not very fun. The cruise overall seemed stuffy. The cabin attendant was excellent and pleasant. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Deluxe Balcony - Obstructed View Deck 8 8047

Roome 8047 had a great obstructed view. Close to the elevators, but not noisy. Good size closet, average size balcony small tv.

We did an island tour which was very nice

I just relaxed at this port