Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by hotgrl4u17

Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: hotgrl4u17
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: BC
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
        13-15 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Mislead, Misunderstood, Meaningless, and MAD
I spent many years (10+) saving for what I thought would be a dream vacation for me and my 15 year old son for a 7 day trip to the Bahamas. While booking I upgraded to a Balcony room and was advised that I would be in a smoke free enviroment, my dream was to have morning coffee at sunset on the balcony......huh what a joke as both my stateroom neighbors were extremem smokers, and I have severe ASMATHA, and did not travel with a nebulizer machine, only an inhaler, I was not able to use my balcony, as my neighbors lived on thiers, what a waste of alot of money.

Next when I was viewing my the rooms online the wonderful video shows a great 19 inch flat screen, when booking i was told yes there would be a flat screen and a perked coffee machine in each state room, NOT. The TV in our room was so ancient, it was 13 inches or less and a dinosaur. The coffee in my room was a packet of instant with something to heat up water, hot pathetic for spending a 1000.00+ per person that I couldnt get perked coffee in my room or sit on my expensive balcony. The state room was smaller than what it appeared to be online. the Bathroom was adequate. Our steward was wonderful.

The embarkemnt took forever out of NewYork. The food was okay. The service at the Azure was great by one particualr waiter. The recreational activiteies were a bore, they repeated themselves over and over, there was no rock climbing for my teen, no bowling, no movies, no comedy club, repeaded art lectures and auctions to get you to spend money. The shore excursions were the best part of the trip, more fun off the boat than on it! Then 24 hours upon return to the boat I attained a rash, I reported it to the front desk, and was told not to worry about it, or I could see medical for 180.00 dollars, WHAT?! SO I went to the crusie consultant who told me I probably got sand fleas and it would go away in 24 hours, it didnt go away until after I got home. NCL didnt care.

When I came home on 12.23.12 I sat down and wrote all my complaints down, on 12.24.12 I composed a letter to customer relations and emailed them. It was recieved on 12.28.12, it is now 1/14/12, and I have called 5 or more times with no resolutions to my concerns. I am not a happy NOrweigan sailor. I await a resolution to my concerns, to top it off, durin my 3rd or 4th call, I learned my assigned case review was out sick on disability and no one was reviewing my concerns, how can I be happy with such poor customer service?

Publication Date: 01/17/13