Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by jerrybev: Our third Disney Cruise

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruises

Our third Disney Cruise

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We were very pleased with every aspect of the cruise. Our room steward did a great job, our dining stewards were the best we have ever had. The food was well prepared, tasty, delicious. The Maitre'D memorized our names and stopped at our table each evening and called us by name.
To point out the priority of quality satisfaction emphasis by Disney:
each meal, after our food was served, the dining server came back to ask if every thing was satisfactory. Then the Maitre'D came by our table and asked how was the food and service this meal? Then, the next morning at breakfast, most mornings, the steward asked us if your meal and service the last evening was satisfactory. Also, I ordered each morning for fruit and coffee be brought to my room early. About 30 minutes after delivery each morning, I received a call asking if my food had been delivered and was it all satisfactory. I dont see how they could be more conscientious about quality of food and service. The reason More I mention all this is because several have said food was "bland" in dining room and service was below standard. We all know some people simply can't be pleased.
I suggest you disregard comments about food not being good on Disney Fantasy. We have enjoyed 25 cruises and know what to expect.
Shows were great in the theatre. The two nights in Animator's Plate restaurants are not to be missed because of animation while you dine!!
Food at the buffet was also tasty and good.

It was one of the best cruises we have taken. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Fantasy 2021

Nice room, full tub in bathroom. On the "Fantasy" Disney has added portholes (which are round tv montior screens) to inside rooms. In the porthole we see the camera view of the exterior ship's camera. Nice, because with it you can always "see" outside and dont feel like you are living in a shoebox.