Carnival Pride Cruise Review by narrow56

Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8K
Dining 5+

I would sail on the Pride again!
Embarkation: My husband and I drove to Baltimore from New York the day before our cruise was to sail. We visited the National Aquarium the morning of the cruise, which is a must do. Baltimore is a beautiful city that is fairly easy to navigate.

Getting to the pier was quite simple while following our GPS. We paid to park and proceeded to the luggage train to check our bags. We tipped the man who took our luggage about 5 dollars I think. Checking in to the ship took 30 minutes maximum, it was probably even less. We easily went through security and proceeded to the area where we showed our passports and got our ship cards. I thought it was great they they told me, "Welcome back!" After this easy process we proceeded to the ship.

The Ship: I should mention that I have been on 2 cruises previously. My first was with a friend on the Carnival Imagination. My second was on the Freedom of the Seas for our honeymoon. I warned my husband that the Pride would seem much smaller than the Freedom of the Seas. It was smaller, but I didn't really pay much attention to that.

Carnival Pride is decorated in what I'd call Renaissance. There is a fair share of nude portraits. We got a good laugh about that. The ship seemed clean and well maintained.

Cabin: We stayed in Cabin #8141. I had received a call before we left from the upgrade fairy to upgrade from an interior to a balcony for a small fee. I happily accepted. The room was small, but good enough for the two of us. It was kept spotless the duration of our stay (although we try to keep things picked up). I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony in the morning and having room service for breakfast. I will say that the sink in our bathroom made an awful clicking noise. I figured out that it was the drain, and it stopped when I closed the plug. It was also quite noisy in the early morning when deck chairs were being moved around above.

Food: The food was excellent everywhere we went. We ate in the main dining room every night but our anniversary. We sat at a table for I believe 18 by a window. The service was quick and friendly. We were even treated to a small cake to celebrate our anniversary!

On our anniversary we ate dinner in David's Steakhouse. We still talk about how wonderful that dinner was. The dinner started with tiny samples of soups-one was lobster bisque and one was something tomato. We were also served the most amazing bread (I think it was brioche). My husband ordered the shrimp cocktail and I had French onion soup. Both were very delicious. For entrees we had filet mignon (the best I've ever had) and Surf N' Turf. The best part was probably the cheesecake. It was ENORMOUS. I wish we would've taken the advice to share it. My husband ordered the chocolate sampler which he enjoyed. The service at David's was impeccable.

Entertainment: The only disappointment of this cruise was the production shows. Though the singers were okay, the dancing was almost horrible. We actually walked out of one show, which I never thought I would do. The comedy was great. It was annoying that these comedy shows took place in the Butterflies Lounge as it was far too small to fit the people who wanted to attend. The Newlywed Game was hilarious as always.

Conclusion: I would definitely cruise on the Carnival Pride again. The convenience of driving to the port, the food, and the overall good time we had would keep me going back!

Publication Date: 01/16/13