Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by leebythesea

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by leebythesea
Sapphire Princess
Sapphire Princess
Member Name: leebythesea
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: AA
Cabin Number: E723
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
        13-15 2.0

Disappointing
My teenage daughter and I travelled together on this cruise. Our goal was to relax and see the volcanoes of Hawaii. We booked a mini suite with a balcony which gave us plenty of space and the option of enjoying the privacy of our stateroom or taking part in activities in the public areas of the ship.

I was hoping that my teen would join in the activities for her age group but as most of the things on offer were quite sedentary (craft activities and video games) she quickly became bored and refused to go.

I found a few actives to occupy me for the first few days, but was disappointed by the lack of variety and that many activities were repeated. There was too much bingo and basket weaving. A lot of the lectures seemed to be aimed at selling you something rather than education or entertainment.

A few light hearted sporting activities would have been welcomed to burn off the big meals. Perhaps one of the many bars could be sacrificed to make way for a multipurpose indoor sports court.

Publication Date: 01/16/13
Read the Hawaii ports review by leebythesea
More Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews