Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by KuffMUp

Cabin Category: JS
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment Not Rated

Pleasantly Surprised
My husband and I hadn't been on a vacation for some time so I decided to book this short cruise to get away. I knew that the Majesty was one of the oldest ships in the RCCL fleet so I went planning to be somewhat disappointed. However, I have not sailed on any of the "big" ships so that probably helped me out a little. I have to say, I thought the ship was absolutely beautiful! I heard many comments from other passengers about how good she looked.

We booked a JS because we wanted a balcony and the only balconies were in the suites. We found that we really didn't use the balcony much on this ship and could have lived without it and saved a bundle of cash. I did like having a little extra room, although the cabin is about the same size as a balcony room on other ships. The cabin attendant was great.

The new menus had just come out and we found the food to be good. We used the My Time dining option and had reservations for 7:30. We found the traditional dining at 6 to be too early and 9 way too late. Our first night, our waiter didn't bring us some items we ordered (ordered both a soup and salad but got only the soup and main course. We were at the same table the other 2 nights and had good service.

The Windjammer was a little odd. The galley appears in the middle of the area. If you didn't know it, you could go past the galley and find another buffet layout which was much less crowded. Fortunately, after eating lunch the first day, we found our way to the second buffet line and found it much less hectic. We didn't get a chance to try Johnny Rockets, Sorentos, or the Cafe and the times we went by, they were very under utilized. If you didn't know they were there you could easily miss them.

Being a long weekend cruise, I was prepared for rude or completely drunken partiers, but was pleasantly surprised. There were a few who had a bit too much to drink but they weren't obnoxious.

The only down side of the entire cruise was the night of the deck party. Being from the West coast, we were on our 4th day of waking up at 3 am our time so we were a bit tired. Because the suites are under the deck, we had people dancing on our ceiling until 3 am. Plus the music was very very loud.

Overall, it was a nice weekend and would take the ship again!

Publication Date: 01/17/13