Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Blnde at: This ship needs to be docked permanently

Blnde at
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

This ship needs to be docked permanently

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

It was pleasant speaking with the man that we booked the cruise with. He even told us he was sending a bottle of champagne to our room...we never received this.
In port upon arrival, we had to wait about 45mins outside in 39 degree weather...once inside we had to go through 2 more lines. It was about 1hr 20mins just to get aboard ship...why do they not board by times, like by floor or sign up of time.
For Xmas we received a gift of a fruit platter and bottle of Moet, from my mother in law. It was wait in our room...although it had a card from room service stating we had to call to get the fruit, tray because they had no idea when we would arrive and they did not want the platter compromised? Why the note? Unfortunately, I have an allergy to melon, the platter had 2 types on it. I called to explain the issue, I can not eat anything on the platter, since the juice could have touched something I would. The staff said they would take care of it....we went out o explore for More about half hour, we came back to the original platter left, and a new plate with 3 fruits on it...no cheese. Strawberries not eatable,very green. I called again...explained again....this time when we came back, the original tray was there, the 2nd fruit plate and now an additional play with some more fruit and 3 cheese(original platter has 6 cheeses) one of which was sliced provolone, for sandwiches. During this we decided we would not to wait for platter to have a drink....I opened the bottle, went to pour it and realized the glasses where spotty. So I polished mine, my partner started not polish hers....but she cold not, the glass had orange pulp all inside! So, I called again about the platter and ow the filthy glasses. This time I asked for a manager....did not get one. But, we waited for someone to arrive to o over everything! This time coming back we received a new platter with cheese and fruit with no melon, plus 2 clean glasses. After all of this we did get a call from the manager(only one on the ship, obviously) . He apologized and sent up a cheap ogle of bubbly and nice chocolate covered berries.

During his we started unpacking and getting settled in...when I went to the bathroom, I realized the toilet had feces, from the last people still on the rim?... Also, just above toilet. Spit ball on the wall.
Upon further view, the cabin appeared to have had a blender explosion. Ever picture , frame and mirror was filthy with spots. And layered with dust. Our beds where separated so we pushed them together. Gross, there was a layer of filth between the sofa and bed.

2 days no regular coffee was left in our room one day the ships paper was not left.
At 4-4:30 am every day we where awakened by the vacuuming going on above us in the spa. They must have run into every piece of furniture each night! Very load.
One day we woke at 6am.....no toilet working. I called down was told someone would come up after 8am? Why so late? I asked if it was just ours, she said yes, no one else had called. So, we went to breakfast and to look for other bathrooms. When we came back turns out our whole floor was out!

On the note of the other baths throughout the ship, gross. Locks not working, broken sinks, just over all dirt.

One day we had to tender. We went to the starlight to wait. When we where called for our excursion we went down to the 4th floor. Where we waited with hundreds of others nor over an hour. Stuck in a hallway, no seats, windows and crew members making us squeeze against the walls single file to get their carts of liquor, soda and what not through....over an hour!

2 nights before the cruise ended....in the middle of the night we where awakened to a very load banging, like from an ice bucket dropping on a patio....when we woke up in am.....it turned out to be a metal ceiling tile from our balcony crashing down onto one of the chairs. Thank God we where not sitting out there. I called downstairs to tell them. We went o breakfast and came back to the tiles being caulked back in.....we know this because 3 screws where left on the balcony floor and the debris from the crash. The tiles "fixed" had holes where screws belonged, but the tiles seemed secure. I called again to speak to a manager....the sent up the head Stewart. He simple bent over and picked up the screws and said he would send someone up to clean....no, I am sorry, it was as though we where crazy?

Unfortunately this is not everything. The service was poor right across the board....I wrote a letter to Calvin(front desk manager)? Nothing....we took the survey on line nothing...

We met others on the ship that also stated their concern. The last day we met a couple that had taken 3 other Norwegian cruises. He said that had his been his first Norwegian cruise he would not take another. Plus we knew of 2 other people from our area that where on the same cruise. I asked after them from our mutual friend....the 1st words out of their mouths to our friend was the ship was il
filthy.

Do not spend your time or money on this ship. I am beyond angry that no one bothered to speak to us...that there was no follow up on anything except the fruit platter. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine 10208

10208 above spa......vacuumed every night at 4-4:30am. It is very load. Filthy room and falling apart.

Grateful that we booked an excursion...Belize city was horrible. We did cave rafting, it was awesome! Beautiful.

Mayan Ruins

(5)
It did take 2 hours in and 2 out.....but the ruins where wonderful. Kuhnliach The bagged lunch was fun. Our guide was brilliant.

Beach Break

(5)
Very relaxing, good snorkeling. Buffett was nice.

Tabyana beach resort. We enjoyed this. Good snorkeling, reefs right off the beach. Lunch was good, basic.
Read 1649 Roatan Reviews