Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by first2flight: Celebrity Cruise to South and Central America on the Equinox

first2flight
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Celebrity Cruise to South and Central America on the Equinox

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

This was my second cruise aboard Celebrity and looked forward to it based on the first (Summit) and the fact this was our 20th anniversary and were traveling with 6 additional friends. The first time on Celebrity was outstanding. Our cabin steward seemed to pop out of nowhere and greet up by name and opened our door. We honestly thought he had a two-way mirror or camera.(Really, we did)
This time the cabin steward was not nearly as attentive, but it was still a pleasure having the room expertly made. The first night in the dining room our service was sub par--slow service, cold food. However, after speaking to our waitstaff, things dramatically improved for the duration of the cruise--they were outstanding--and can only assume they had an off night the first night.
I love that the many ports are broken up by days at sea, which provided plenty of time to relax and enjoy the on board portion of the cruise.
Since this was an 11 night cruise, it was a mature crowd as you might More imagine and everyone was extremely friendly. I enjoyed the movies, the games, the shopping and everything on board.
However, I found the tours to be expensive so we got together as a group and booked our own once on shore.
I would highly recommend this cruise and would recommend Celebrity. One thing, I thought the food was simply so-so which really surprised me. We did not dine in the speciality restaurants as the early reservations were taken. Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox Deluxe Ocean View W/ Veranda Sunrise Deck (7)

Enjoyed the beach area which was recommended by our independent guide. Had a good time here.

We booked our own. The guide was English-speaking, very, very knowledgeable and the tour was much more reasonable based on our group of 10 people.

We booked our own. However, the area surrounding the port at Colon was stunning in its dirtiness. It is amazing the government has not invested in its infrustruce here. The Canal was intresting as was the rest of the tour. We booked our onw.

Panama Canal Tour

(5)
Great Guide. Efficient company.