Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by SJandSinFolsom

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by SJandSinFolsom
Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: SJandSinFolsom
Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: SV
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Ultimate Caribbean Cruise
Our cruise was the Ultimate Caribbean that left on December 31st. There were 3 people in my party and we had 2 different rooms booked on 2 different floors. They let us check in together instead of making us split and go to different stations so I felt the embarkation process was pretty smooth. They greet you at the door of the ship with champagne which is a nice touch. The only downside was that our rooms were not ready, I believe all rooms were not ready. So we found a bar to have a drink - The Martini Bar. This became our favorite place on ship to relax. Once the rooms are ready they make an announcement over the load speaker.

-The Equinox is a beautiful ship. Modern decor. I liked that there was no smoking on the inside of the ship, however I felt I always smelled smoke around the casino, but it wasn't overwhelming. The other part of the ship that I wished were different was the pool deck area. The only seating they had was loungers. I'm not a big "lay out by the pool" person and would have enjoyed a table to sit at to enjoy the area and a drink.

-Food - we opted for select dining which I really enjoyed. We never made reservations and always got a table whenever we showed up. The food was good in the Silhouette dining room but I got tired of it towards the end of the cruise. I felt the only light dishes they had on the menu were fish and I'm not a big fish eater. The one place on the ship that I hated was the Oceanview cafe (buffet). There were certain times that it was the only place to get a meal. There is no flow, people will walk into you and run you down. I felt the food was always cold. I never once got hot hashbrowns from the breakfast buffet.

The entertainment was ok, no better or worse than other lines that I've been on. I felt they could have done better with daytime activities on sea days.

-Last comments - this was my fourth cruise and the first time I experienced a lot of movement and got sea sick. Laying in bed was the only thing that kept me from being sick. The disembarkation process was horrendous. Not sure if it was Celebrity's doing or Port of Everglades. We waited in line for immigration for 1hr. Having said that, we made it to the airport in plenty of time for our flight home.

Publication Date: 01/16/13