“Ruined by sickness”

Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
Our cruise to NZ left Sydney on Dec 8th 2012. We cruised with our 2 children, my 80 year old parents and a mother couple. It was to be the trip of a lifetime. FIrst the positives. Our stateroom attendant and our waiting staff in the dining room absolutely made our trip. They became like family members and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food in the dining room was fabulous and the entertainment and Gordon our cruise director top class. I had read reviews before boarding the boat about norovirus on the ship on a previous cruise. We were very careful and sanitised our hands constantly, only touched the lift buttons with our knuckles and didn't hold onto stair rails BUT my father then my mother and my son contracted the virus from Day 9 on so people in our party missed ports or were ill from then on and I mean violently ill so no one could enjoy the holiday. My DAd missed 3 NZ ports. I spent my time nursing the sick ones.. I caught it on the day we disembarked and wound up in the Sydney Hospital on a drip and my daughter caught it that night so we were forced to stay on in Sydney for a further 3 days in a hotel before we could make it home.. The WIndjammer should not have been self serve at all and we should have been advised about the virus before we came aboard the ship. Our trip was totally ruined and we will never cruise again.. Being trapped on a floating gastro trap is not my idea of a fun holiday. We couldn't wait to get home.
Voyager of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Voyager of the Seas Review
Voyager of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?