“Faultless and highly recommended.”
Cruise review of Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

BenL Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 5 Faultless and highly recommended.
BenL
Member Since 2012
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
We had never been on a cruise before and I had read mixed reviews of QM2, however our Eastbound Transatlantic can only be described as fabulous. First impressions of QM2 are wonderful - she loomed over us as we drove into Brooklyn Cruise terminal. Check in was fast, however there was a slight delay in boarding as the ship was being disinfected following the norovirus outbreak en-route to NYC. Cunard had emailed us all and told us to arrive 4 hours later than originally planned. I was expecting chaos but it was actually fine. We were lucky enough to travel in Princess Grill - our stateroom was really spacious, well furnished and comfortable. Our steward was efficient but not intrusive. The food in the Princess Grill was of a high standard and service was efficient. Sometimes it seemed a little too efficient with little time between courses - however had it been the other way it would have bothered me more. The Queens Grill lounge was a great place to meet new friends and to get away from it all. I cannot comment on the Britannia Restaurant, however the room is beautiful and I heard no complaints. The Kings Court reminded me of a motorway service station. We avoided it (why would you need to go there?). Some people seemed to spend most of their days sitting eating there. Each to their own. The public rooms on QM2 are stunning and immaculate, my only comment would be that in some places it feels more like a Cunard museum - perhaps the placards could be kept to one area? I found all of the staff polite and courteous and nothing was too much trouble for anyone. Entertainment and enrichment was good - there is always something to do, however I appreciate that not everything is to everybody's taste. Evening entertainment was fun - and G32 went quite wild on a couple of occasions!! I enjoyed dressing for dinner and think this aspect of a transatlantic crossing with Cunard great - it was so nice to see people making an effort. All in all I would rate Cunard and QM2 highly and would recommend a transatlantic as a special treat. Such a nice way to meet interesting people, learn new things and just relax - away from phones, emails and computers!!
Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Transatlantic

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review
Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?