Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by tomcappas: Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Sail Date: June 2005
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

My wife and I just completed our honeymoon cruise to Hawaii. I must say that if we weren't in beautiful Hawaii I would have jumped ship!!! This cruise was such a miserable experience!

The service in the dining areas was atrocious. If you ate in one of the specialty restaurants be prepared to sit there a good hour to receive your food. When your food comes be prepared to drop your jaw in awe at what garbage is being served. One night I ordered the lobster tails, and when it came I really thought I had the wrong order. It looked like I received 2 baby shrimp.

If you are taking this cruise make sure you STAY AWAY from the buffets. Between the powdered eggs and bacon that is crushed into little pieces, and the uncooked sausage there is really not much more to eat.

They also advertise 24 hour food, however the food is not served for at least 6 hours a day, just as you come back from your daily excursions. However for these 6 hours they do serve fruit! People More practically knock each other over because the buffets are so crowded and lines so long! Also at the buffets many of the drink dispensers are not working so be prepared to walk to the other side of the boat for that. Also good luck in finding a table on this boat around the buffets, and if you do you might as well clean it yourself because you'll find no one to clean it for you!

If you do take this cruise I recommend eating at one of the 3 specialty restaurants. The food is adequate but it does cost $15 per person to sit down at one of these restaurants. What is my $6000 paying for?

As for the entertainment, you might as well go to your local Karaoke bar. Night in and night out that is the entertainment. You'll see the same people singing the same song over and over and over again. They also had a magician that was good. THAT WAS IT!!!!

Some positives on this cruise: The excursions were great and the excursion desk was very helpful. The golf shop was very good as well and very efficient. Our housekeeping staff was good making the room 2 times a day, however when we first boarded our bathroom was dirty with remnants of curly hair around! THis kind of left a sour taste but the housekeeping staff did redeem itself!

The disembarkation day was a nightmare with the buses. It was a highly disorganized experience.

BOTTOM LINE: I WOULD NEVER WANT ANYONE TO EXPERIENCE THIS CRUISE AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>