“What a disappointment!”
Cruise review of Carnival Destiny

SharonBeth Carnival Destiny 0 What a disappointment!
SharonBeth
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We are seasoned cruisers and were not thrilled with our first Carnival cruise which was under a year ago. The wait for food was so long that we left really disappointed and shared our comments with Carnival via email. Surprise, surprise, we never received an apology, much less a response. Because the dates/location of departure/time frame worked, we booked our 2nd Carnival cruise-this on the Destiny this past December. Our expectations were low, and with that said, Carnival really disappointed us this time. In short, we never went to the second port (of 3) because of high swells. We wanted to go there to go jet skiing since none of the other ports offered it. On planned and that one un planned day at sea, we hadn't anticipated that all of the chaise lounges would be spoken for by 10AM and that our family would have to split up all over the various decks in order to get chairs. I actually saw a woman go to get a snack and while she was gone, another guest emptied the stuff off her chair and moved the chair so he could sit with his friends! BTW, he wasn't a teen-he was closer to retirement age. The lines at all the buffets were always long, long, long. 30 minutes to get a fried egg? In the dining room we were seated at a rectangular table on the periphery of the dining room. When we explained to the Maitre D that we wanted a round table in the heart of the space, he was not only unaccommodating, but rude and condescending to my 90 year old parents and my husband, children and I. As far as service in the DR, we had different busboys every day and frequently waited a long long time for our meals. Entertainment? One night it consisted of a guest based talent show. Sorry, but I'm not interested in hearing Betty Lou sing her church songs on vacation. They had the same vulgar comedian do his routine 3 different nights. It was the same routine all 3 nights. On the last night, the show was cancelled due to "technical difficulties" Sorry, but in my experience, Royal Caribbean delivers a much more consistent product and treats its guests like they matter. Carnival treated us like shXt.
  • Sail Date: December 2012

Published 01/15/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Destiny Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?