Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by MARTINabc: Disappointed

Compare Prices on Vision of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Disappointed

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Check-in was terrific, almost no waiting. Cabin outdated, but adequate.Shower old fashioned. Cabin service was adequate, altho he did not put our luggage away, and he kept taking the glass I was using to take meds away. Breakfast was standard, altho the smoked salmon was only in one section of the buffet. Buffet lunches were dull & tasteless. Dining room was closed for lunch while in port. Lunch in dining room was much better. However, service was slow.They were understaffed.- Dinner in the dining room was spotty. Two nights I didn't see anything on the menu I liked. Maitre'd tried, but his suggestion of steak was thin and tasteless.(and took 30 minutes) Service was slow,but friendly, as the wait for the main course was always at least 30 minutes. Desserts were usually very good.

Entertainment in the theater was terrible. (except for 2 nights, when they had a pair of comedians and a tribute to Buddy Clark). Music for dancing was very good. The charge for the soft drinks and More wine package was so expensive that I didn't buy it. They priced it out of sight.A glass of an ordinary wine was over $9.00 plus an 18% tip. (They got $54. for a bottle of $5. wine! That's outrageous) My local pub charges $7.00 and they have to pay a steep fed excise tax. And they were always selling add-ons. It gets annoying.

I sailed on this ship 11 years ago. It sparkled. Service was great, as was the food and entertainment.It was wonderful. The decline in everything was evident. They have cut back on every aspect of service.As I said to the head waiter, I didn't come on a cruise to eat hamburgers and pasta. Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Vision of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Vision of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2

Cabin was adequate. Shower was much too small. Storage in bathroom was good. Closet small, but adequate for 10 day trip.TV was old, probably the same one when I was on this ship 11 years ago