Silver Explorer Cruise Review by BFelix

Member Name: BFelix
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Ushuaia
Destination: South America & Antarctica
See More About: Silver Explorer Cruise Reviews | South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews | Silversea Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Silver Explorer Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Amazing Antarctica
We travelled as one of 4 couples - of the eight of us, we were the only Silversea/cruising novices. Turns out many of the passengers were returning guests, and/or planned to book again on the Silver Explorer for future expeditions.

We had expected to be the youngest passengers (we are in our 30's) but there were several families with children, and numerous passengers of our own age.

Our cabin was on the 3rd deck, so I believe it was relatively stable. Nevertheless I am sensitive to motion and was quite seasick, despite enjoying "Drake Lake". Rather than eat up at the restaurant, my butler was frequently able to arrange for me to have whatever dish I wanted served in my cabin. A much appreciated benefit of the butler service!

Indeed, the 8 of us enjoyed almost all the food that was served. Given that we were 12 days at sea without fresh provisions, the range and quality of the food was excellent. I have special dietary requirements and these were catered for without apparent difficulty.

For someone who was predominantly confined to the cabin, I found it fairly comfortable.

All the ship's staff were very friendly and welcoming, while the expedition staff were outstanding - many had a long association with the Silver Explorer and their enthusiasm for the ship and the destination was infectious.

Publication Date: 01/15/13