Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by lilrod: Bad Cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Western Caribbean Cruises

Bad Cruise

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

December 30, 2012 to January 6, 2013. We arrived to La Quinta Hotel on Saturday December 29. Great flight and nice weather in Tampa. We arrage the transfer from the hotel to the pier to take our ship on the next day.

The line, check in and boarding the ship was fast. As soon we got on, we contacted with friends traveling with us.

The ship was full.

Next day December 31, New Year's Eve, we expected to have a great time but we got a big surprise that night. We sat in the atrium and all the passengers sitting there were like nothing. They were so bored. As latin, we expected to have some latin music but we didn't listen anything. We were 28 in our group and e made a little party to see something happy for this night. Sorry for those people who didn't liked our party that night but we came to celebrate the New Year and not to sleep or get bored.

In this week, nothing but nothing latin on this ship. I've been on 39 cruises and this has been the More most boring ship I've ever taken.

I also see that they do not have any control with teens under 18 years. They are everywhere drinking and smoking.

About the food, we ate on the Aqua Restaurant. The Venetian Restaurant was so dark that the waiter had to give us a light to read the menu, because we couldn't read it.

Only 2 shows were good but the others were bored.

I heard that this ship was refurbished but I would like to know in which part. We had a mini suite and we could barely use the balcony because of the smoking of passengers of the cabin next to ours. The ceiling in our balcony was leaking, the floor was so awful you can see that it wasn't clean all week. About the pool (which pool?), only 1 and it ws so little like the bathtub that I had in the mini suite that we were.

Good things - Mark our cabin steward and the Washi Washi girls. They were smiling and happy all the time.

I will have to think about taking another Norwegian cruise ship again. Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>