Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by tegmen: Christmas 2012.

tegmen
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Christmas 2012.

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Decided to try Xmas for a cruise. This is the second time I have cruised, the first time was Alaska on the same ship, Radiance of the Seas. I do like the ship, very clean, spacious, quiet and very stable.

To be honest, I enjoyed the first cruise the best, which was in Alaska. I liked the fact that you could get off each day. The Christmas cruise I am reviewing only had three stop offs, Brisbane, Cairns and Newcastle. To be honest, I found the amount of children constantly bumping into you, running, crawling, shouting with the fact you couldn't get off much, a little claustrophobic.

However, the ship was decorated very nicely throughout in Christmas decorations, the staff always give their best, the food is excellent. We found the food in the buffet (Windjammer) better than Cascades (the formal one) on many occasions. We ate each night at Cascades, but in future we will reserve this for only eating there on formal nights and eat at Windjammer on the other More evenings.
Personally I found Windjammer very noisy, this is not helped by having the basket ball court directly over head, and is not at all soundproofed. So the entire time you are eating you are accompanied by constant banging and thuds from the ceiling. Much better to go outside to the back where it is somewhat quieter, the only down side of this is that you have to keep getting up and down to get things you have forgotten, and all this has to be balanced on two hands with kids constantly running into you all the time. Anyway, these are first world problems and one should be thankful for the opportunity to eat at all...

Entertainment was good, we saw all the shows. All very professional.
The ship is very clean, quiet, modern. All the staff are helpful and friendly.
Check in was a breeze, as was getting off. All very organised and stress free, this is evidently a very well run ship and cruise line.
The rooms was small, but clean. Loved the solarium, which is the indoor pool and spa.
Definitely recommend the cruise line and this ship, and do try the Christmas cruise at least once, but for me once was enough. 10 days is just the right amount of time, as it does take (for me anyway) 3 days to get used to the amount of people and the routine on a ship. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>