Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by N71Z

Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
        7-9 1.0
        10-12 1.0

Good & Bad, Carnival Spirit
This is the first cruise me and my family have ever done and overall we had a good time. But their were quite a few people that I had spoken to on board who were disappointed with their cruise. This is what I thought on a whole.

Showtime: Showtime needs to improve, the shows lacked variety, different singers and Class Magicians.

Bingo: Queues for buying tickets!!! Everyone complained about this. Other ships sell bingo tickets from all over the ship. Not carnival. The prizemoney was lacking as well, other cruisers claimed that P&O have prizes ranging from $5000 to $14000 well above the $1000 Carnival offered.

Kids Club: This was probably the most disappointing for us my 8yr old son and 9yr old daughter both lasted only 2hr in 2 different clubs. They need to improve their kids clubs badly.

Supervision: Children roamed the ship at will running down corridors and knocking on people's doors at will. Other Parents left their kids in the pool or spa and went and did their own thing. They advertise kids must be supervised but it is not policed.

Internet: This was another big disappointment for me, Basic internet is shocking and not worth even $30. I bought a $65 package that finished on day 11 but is advertised as for the whole cruise. False Advertising.

Sports bar: Mostly empty on my cruise and no wonder why. If carnival spirit wants to advertise itself as Australian it needs to start acting Australian. Australians don't want to watch American sports in the sports bar. ESPN in not Australian, it shows American sports 80% of the time. Even the AFL Grand Final was not shown in the sports bar let alone the Cricket.

To the good points now.....

Service: I thought the overall service was excellent. People went out of their way to help me...... with a smile. Got to know a lot of staff and I was sad to leave them.

Food: I thought the food was also excellent. From Fat Jimmys, Lido deck the Empire and the Nouveau. We dined in the Empire nearly every night. Well above my expectations. I gained nearly 5kgs in 12 days.

Gym: The best Ive ever seen.

Alcohol: Was very reasonably priced. Less than what I expected.

Cleanliness: I thought the boat was kept very clean.

Overall I had a good time but yet again I had nothing to compare it to.

My next cruise will be on a larger boat.

Publication Date: 01/14/13