Ruby Princess Cruise Review by peref2

Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: BB
Cabin Number: R743

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
As expected or a little better
My wife and I decided to take our 10th Princess cruise the week before Christmas.

We had been on the Ruby before (her 6th time leaving the dock in 2008) That cruise on this ship was good but a little ragged as it was a new ship and a new crew. On this cruise it was obvious that all the minor problems had been corrected.

I would comment that the bar service is somewhat expensive for a venue that uses tax free alcohol.

As this was the week before Christmas, the cruise was sold out. However it never seemed crowed even the as sea days. The kids were well behaved and never a problem

The ship was very clean, the servers (and everyone else) were uniformly courteous and professional. They made you feel welcome.

As a Platinum Circle Member we had expedited boarding which could not have been faster. My wife is slightly mobility impaired. I mentioned this to the Princess personnel and, as if by magic,a wheelchair appeared. We we in our cabin within 15 min of our arrival at the boarding gate.

Our cabin was small but very clean. The steward was very cheerful and professional. We had a few minor requests which he fulfilled immediately. We did find the requester robes in our cabin which, as usual fit a midget or small child. The steward found some that actually fit.

he food was good but it is apparent that there was an effort to cut costs.

We went to the Crown Grill once and it was superb, both the food and the service.

We had been on this cruise before and did not take any excursions except for shopping. The one thing I need to comment on was the Shopping presentation was excessively long and then had to be rushed at the end due to lack of time to finish on schedule.

I would also like to comment that the entertainment on this Princess was the best I have seen on any of my previous 9 Princess cruises.

I would easily recommend Princess to others, especially this ship. My wife and I will continue to sail on Princess as long as the cruise is this good

Publication Date: 01/14/13