This is the second 10 day cruise we've sailed on the Sun, once in Hawaii in 2007, and now this December of 2012 cruise. The ship seemed nicer in 2007.
The cruise director was great, he made the activities very enjoyable. The rest of the crew was very good also. The ship is easy to get around and learn since it's on the smallish side.
1. There was a problem with the sewage system and areas of the ship constantly smelled. There were huge fans here and there, trying to dry out carpet from leaks. One person claimed there was sewage coming from the shower head.
2. Areas looked dirty. They don't paint over the rust everywhere like we've seen them doing on other ships.
3. We watched a large hairball rolling around on the pool deck for several days, collecting things and getting larger each day, even saw a crew member look at it and step over it.
4. The was only one food item the entire trip that I could honestly say was good, the rest of the food was mediocre to poor. My "medium well" steak was rare. Even the two specialty restaurants we paid for seemed to lack anything "special".
5. Service in the dining room was really slow, not sure what was going on there.
6. Every morning at 6:30, the side thrusters would shake and vibrate our room and were very noisy. We also noticed this off and on in other parts of the ship at various times, especially the dining room.
This ship has no bells and whistles and is showing it's age, so if you're used to the larger ships with lots of stuff to do, I would pass on this one.
Overall, we had a good time because we enjoy cruising and we made the most of it by meeting lots of people, but we will not be sailing on this type of ship again.