Ryndam 2

“Our Worst Holiday Cruise”
Cruise review of Holland America Ryndam

worldalu
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

We sailed in the Ms Ryndam from Tampa on a two week holiday. I talked my sister and Brother in Law into accompany Us in this trip, they had never cruised before; I don't know where to start;

I have sailed before in the Holland America Line, so I expected the same service I was accustomed to, instead we experience the worst food ever on a cruise and the service that your used to at Kmart!!. The food at the Lido was terrible as the service. This was a Christmas and New Years cruise, yet I never felt the Holidays. It was more as a funeral home as the ambiance was of a morgue.

We had two cabins 718, and 719. 718 had air conditioning on and off during the whole two weeks, in some days there was none, they keep saying that nothing was wrong and although sever technicians went to the room no one was able to keep it going steady.

We were assigned open seating; well they were none tables open to eat, even though we could see many tables empty. We went to the Rest. More manager and Got a 7:30pm every day reservation that only worked 3 days. The rest of days was always occupied. I'm really sad of was this once great cruise line as become.

The very first day of the cruise we reserved next south America 21 day cruise for next December on the Zaandam, we are NOT GOING, I just asked for my deposit Back. Be aware if you want a cruise that resembles a Funeral home...., Then this is your cruise Line. Less

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Tampa
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

FF719
Our cabin space was great, it was clean and our cabin steward, Endgang was great

Great Day at the beach
Read 1394 Costa Maya Reviews

very nice Island with great people Try Sun splash for a private tour and you will remember it for the rest of your Life.
Read 2189 Roatan Reviews

Published 01/13/13

Read Cruise Critic's Ryndam Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?