Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by travellink: New and improved?

travellink
Member Since 2011
1,002 Posts

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

New and improved?

Sail Date: December 2012

Arrived at the pier around 11:AM by car and unloaded luggage after driving around twice due to heavy traffic caused by debarkation. Parked in garage and proceeded to check-in which was swift and efficient and then stood in a line( since we were not Concierge, Suite, or Elite) till about 11:35 and we were in the Oceanview Cafe having lunch by noon. Just after 1:00 we were able to enter our room, a standard cabin on the port side forward slant on the hump, with an extra large balcony. We were just forward of the "Game On" room which has tables with electronic games embedded in them as well as some card tables for board games which are located there for your use. This turned out to be a popular space as the week progressed.

The ship is beautiful, as all the S-class ships are, however I did not like the smaller space of the Sky Lounge, due to the added Suites, or the Lawn Club, due to the added cabanas. Even with the added deck of cabins it never felt crowded and a chair or More lounger was always available somewhere on deck.

This was our first experience with Select dining and I had previously made reservations on-line for every night at the same time. We were always seated promptly but always at a different table with a different waiter except for one night. I had asked for a large table but was seated at a 2 top every night except one. When asked if we minded sharing I said, no, because that's what I had asked for from the beginning! The food and service was good, but not as great as the service and food we had on the Eclipse and the Equinox(my personal favorite).Maybe it was because we had fixed dining on those two and not select. When I asked for tea with my meal, one night I never received it at all and the next time I received it just before dessert. When I asked for just a small portion of two main course selections, I was told no, they couldn't do that and one other time I asked for something specific and was told no, again. On the other two ships the servers always went out of their way to bring whatever I wanted which was never something unreasonable. I hope to stay with fixed dining from now on, if available, although we did like dining when we wanted to. We never dined at any of the speciality restaurants.

There were many good points about the cruise including the public rooms, entertainment, a friendly crew, and great cabin steward and many varied activities throughout the day. We stayed onboard in all ports except San Juan where we took a ride on the free trolley around Old San Juan. Would we cruise Celebrity again? YES! Would we cruise on the Reflection again? Maybe! Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 9209

Great location close to elevators, no noise, extra large balcony. View forward, outward,and down,but not aft.