Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by waytogofromhere: A wonderful relaxing crusie

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Southern Caribbean Cruises

A wonderful relaxing crusie

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My husband and I sailed on the New Year's cruise that left Miami on 12/26. I loved the itinerary of the cruise. Everyone at NCL really tries to make everybody enjoy the cruise. The staff is excellent. I do have a few comments -1. if you need a hair dryer to style your hair - bring your own, the one they have in the stateroom is hung on the wall in the bathroom and looks like a vacuum hose. Does not work really well when you want to style your hair.
2. Bring a bar of soap. All they have is liquid soap and does not lather well.
3. If you are a wine drinker take advantage of the wine package offered the first day of the cruise. It gives you 25% off - you can choose from a low, mid and high end wine, you can choose minimum of 4 bottles and (we did 6) It was a very good deal. 4. If you get a chance participate in the Chef's Table - cost is $89.00 per person, only offered to 12 people. It is a 12 course meal with wine pairings throughout. Also, champagne before and More after dinner drinks after. Although, our group went through 21 bottles of wine so we never made it to the after dinner drinks. You take a group picture with the head chef and also individual pictures with him. By the time you finish dinner the picture is waiting for you along with a signed menu. While it might seem expensive - if you went to wine dinners anywhere else it is on par with what you would pay. It was an awesome experience and one I would repeat on future cruises.
5. Take advantage of all the speciality restaurants. I could never eat at the main dining room for all 12 days. I would seriously get sick of the food. It does not vary all the much. Which I guess they do so you will go to the speciality restaurants. But for $20.00 or $25.00 per person you get a fantastic meal. There is so much waste of food by people that I do not see anything wrong with them charging extra for the "really good food". It is a shame to see what people put on their plates and just throw away. We went to all the speciality restaurants, but particularly enjoyed the Brazilian one, French, steakhouse and sushi (al la carte).

I did think the entertainment was lacking. We had a hypnotist who was great, and a opera type singer on the last day was fantastic. Everything in between not so great. NCL needs to spend more money and attract better entertainment on ships that are not their "star" ships Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun 0122

We were on the 10th floor in 0122. It was an inside cabin and I was a little worried about how it would be since we have had a balcony on our last two cruises but I didn't want to spend the extra money. I was so pleasantly surprised. We had tons of closet space and the room was quite spacious. I think the trick was to pick a room that fits 3 people. The shower, of course was small but it was ok. Storage in the bathroom was also excellent.