Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by mitsyate

Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

XMAS NEW YEAR DEC 2012 CRUISE TO NZ
EMBARKATION Very quick and easy a total of 30 minutes. On stepping on board we were handed a glass of champagne which was a nice touch no other cruise we have been on has offered that.

CABIN Outside with Balcony very spacious. I thought at first we would not have enough space for all our clothes but it was amazing how it all fitted in. It was the first time on a cruise we have been able to watch a movie in the cabin the quality of the Flat screen TV was great.

Bathroom was very spacious wonderul having glass slidind doors in the shower.Lots of cupboards for Bathroom things.

DINING ROOM Was beautful we had select dining which was great our Hostess always got us setted without any bother she was amazing. Food was great only one night my husband was not happy with his meal and the waiter bent over backwards to get another one for him which was wonderful. Xmas Dinner was very nice not as festive as I thought it might have been we did have Turkey as an option and had Xmas Crackers on the tables.

New Years Eve was lovley very festive everyone in a great mood. I enjoyed Lobster for Dinner that night which was great.

ENTERTAINMENT Saw quite a few good shows one in particular on NY Eve Will Martin from NZ a singer who got a standing ovation he was wonderul what a nice young man he will go places.

TOURS Did the Tarei Gorge Train trip was great but very expensive if the ship had of been earlier arriving we could have done this ourselves for half the price however it was nice being picked up from the ship in the train and dropped back.

The trip we did in Auckland was terrible it was Kelly Tarton Underworld and Sky Tower with airport drop off. The tour guide was terrible no one knew how long we had in places and it only lasted for 3.5 hours when we had paid for 4.5 hours.

Next time we will certianly book our own they are so expensive.They had a trip to Christchurch from Akaroa for 90.00 when we got off we could have got it for 40.00.

STAFF Excellent with only one exception some of th staff in the Coffee Shop could brush up on their Customer Service and smile a bit.These wwere mostly Russians or Ukraines.It ws not all of them just a couple but one day one was so rude it really upset me.

Would I recommend Celebrity certainly we will book on her again. We are off on 2 more cruises from Sydney this year on Radiance and Voyager have been on Radiance and loved it so looking forward to sailing on Voyager. I would also like to add that this was the cleanist ship I have ever been on I kept looking for dust and couldnt find any they were always cleaning and it was noticeable.

Publication Date: 01/13/13