Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by kurlyna

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: kurlyna
Cruise Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Disappointing
Sail Date: 11/24/12 Better late than never! This was my 10th cruise with Carnival, it was my least favorite! We were VIP until one of our travel companions sign and sail would not work at the check point just prior to boarding the ship. We were told to wait to the side as many others boarded, another passenger (VIP) had the same issue. The Carnival employee who was supposed to help was INCREDIBLY rude. When the other passenger said she was being inconvenienced the employee told her this was nothing and she shouldn't complain because people in hurricane Sandy had it a lot worse! Huh I'm not sure where the correlation is. She continued to be rude and we had to involve other staff after 30 minutes of waiting. We finally boarded.

Overall the crew was sparse and rude! One evening at the Red Frog rum bar on the lido deck I tried to order a drink, all three bartenders were standing around and just looked at each other as if to say I'm not helping her you do it. I was ultimately told to go to the tequila bar across the way. This was consistently the attitude at this venue. No bar staff ever approached us in public areas on deck or on the promenade to offer service, we had to find a bar to get a drink. We opted for your time dining. The first night our service was the worst I've ever had on a cruise! We had to ask for bread after 20 minutes, our drinks were not refilled, my sweet and sour shrimp had no s&s sauce just the fried shrimp. When I pointed it out to the server he had no idea it should have had sauce. Our main course was never cleared when finished and servers did not return to offer dessert so we left very disappointed with our first meal. We asked for a better server the next night and boy did we get it. Pituck was awesome and we stayed with him and his crew the rest of the cruise! They were the only crew that we tipped extra. The food was ok nothing really to comment on either way EXCEPT.... We loved Guys Burgers! They need these on all the ships and we wished they served them later than 6:00 pm. We missed the grill being open at midnight and had to settle for mediocre pizza. The snack station was just BAD! Carnival really needs to step it up with the desserts!!! They look way better than they taste.

Our cabin steward was just ok. He threw us attitude a couple of times when we asked for a clean robe upon embarkation and had a broken shower dispenser. He did the minimum required nothing more. On the last morning he knocked on my door at 8:30 am and very abruptly said you have to get out. Others passengers need to board and you have to leave. Before I could respond he walked away quickly. I was stunned.

We had a cove balcony midship which was on the verge of being considered aft. It was incredibly LOUD I cannot stress how loud it was above our cabin 24/7. We reported it to the pursers desk and they were VERY apologetic. After a few conversations and someone coming to confirm the noise they provided us with fans for both our cabins ( connecting) to help drown out the noise, as well as a partial refund and a discount on a future cruise. I was very impressed with the staff at the pursers desk throughout the entire cruise.

Overall there were not a lot of organized activities and the ones we saw were in the ocean plaza which was way too small to accommodate. At one point people were dragging in chairs from the Lunai deck outside.

Getting off was slow and we ended up getting off 1 1/2 hrs later than our assigned time.

This was an overall disappointing cruise. I'm pretty easy to please but it's obvious carnival has cut back on the quality and quantity of staff and they seem to be settling for being mediocre. I'm not sure that I want to settle for a mediocre vacation. I'll be looking at some other cruise lines in the future.

Publication Date: 01/13/13