Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Wild Radek: A Fantastic Ship that Surprises at every turn

Wild Radek
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

A Fantastic Ship that Surprises at every turn

Sail Date: December 2012

After experiencing the Allure you may find all other large ships lacking.
Even my preference for small luxury ships has been challenged with the Allure having dining, food and lack of crowds to challenge any of the top 5 out there. I don't know where the people go but 80% of the time we felt almost alone except at New Years when most of the 6 200 guests packed into the Promenade for a lively party.
Entertainment abounds and easily exceeds our ability to take it all in. From the aqua show, floor shows, flashmobs, walk a thons, parades, special interests, I have high praise. We found service to be excellent and food quality was not only good but outstanding in the specialty restaurant. Should note that '150 Central Park' enters our list of 10.best restaurants.
Labadee, Haiti/ Falmouth, Jamacia and Cozumel, Mexico were the ports of call and each had its attraction
There are three things to note:
1) the ingeniously engineered and well thought out design of More the standard balcony stateroom (182 a.f) is 1-2 inches too small ...everywhere...for my 6'1" frame ...yet my wife at 5'4" wonders what my problem is. :)
2) the after hours phone services are poor and sometimes non existent. To counter that, the on screen TV based food ordering is a delight and room service is quick and courteous
3) booking the inside balconies esp over the 'Boardwalk' should be avoided due to daytime noise.
This was a great trip and we plan to return...just for the ship! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>