Thomson Dream Cruise Review by longsanks: THOMSON DREAM - NIGHTMARE

THOMSON DREAM - NIGHTMARE

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Barbados

The Thomson Dream needs renaming the Nightmare - what a let down this cruise turned out to be! There were 6 of us in 3 cabins and the only good thing I can say is that the cabins were spacious and beds very comfortable. How this ship has been upgraded to platinum is beyond me, unless the tea/coffee making facilities in the cabins is a qualifier, I cannot see how Thomson can class this as platinum.

The service was appalling in the main restaurant, we waited over an hour on a couple of occasions for our meal with one glass of wine being served throughout!! It did improve slightly after we complained but the service was still not good and the food was presented cold or over cooked half of the time so we stopped going in there. We paid £800 extra for the drinks package and were served non premium, cheap brands and at times were made to feel like children, a few times we were told "your glass is not empty so you cannot have another drink", some of the staff were very rude More and downright miserable.

I would suggest Thomson retrain their bar staff!

The entertainment was rubbish and was non existent on the lido deck.

This was our 3rd Thomson cruise, we did this cruise 2 years ago on the destiny and although the ship was tired the service, food and entertainment were 2nd to none and the Dream does not compare.

I would say 80% of our fellow cruisers were complaining about this cruise.

I doubt we would do a Thomson Cruise again. They need to get their act together on this ship! Most disappointing. Less

Published 01/12/13

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?