Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by edyrp: A Nearly Perfect Experience

Embarkation Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Nearly Perfect Experience

Sail Date: December 2012

The Celebrity Reflection is an engineering marvel, made for the safety and great comfort of its passengers. Based on my experience on two of their Solstice Class ships, I must note how well managed and trained the crew is, resulting in a fabulous cruise experience for the passengers. Kudos to Celebrity management.

Reflection is a brand new ship, but everyone knew what they were doing and did it well. Almost everything was perfect. Yes, there were a few technical difficulties, but we didn't let it spoil our experience and I have confidence it will be addressed and fixed in the near future.

The food was second to none. Two of the guests in my party have unique dietary preferences and we had no problem at all finding a large variety of items to suit them us every location on the ship. The only place that became a little bit of an issue was the specialty restaurant, Qsine, as menu selections are shared and come in combinations. If one doesn't eat meat we were told "just More don't eat it", as there were other delicious selections which included vegetarian. Nevertheless, Qsine is a dining experience like no other. The presentation and flavors are beautiful and delicious. Just don't tell me "then don't eat it." I suggest they have an other option or change out a dish. Overall, the food service was excellent.

The entire ship is spotless, including our state room. There is storage space everywhere: above the bed, under the bed, in the bathroom, the dresser, the closet. It would be difficult to improve on storage space. Bravo! The bed couldn't possibly be more comfortable. It is perfect.

I am not a person who loves cheesy shows, but I went to a few and the talented singers, dancers, and acrobats are of Broadway calibre. I was impressed. I also like the acapella singers and particularly liked the lecturer with a media background, Doug Spero.

I loved the gym. The equipment is brand new and perfectly calibrated. There is a panoramic view from the front of the ship from the facility, and one can go out on deck and do their thing if they choose. There is a track at the top of the ship, but it is difficult to use as it is surrounded by lounge chairs. Families don't realize that it is a track and they stand in the middle. Oh, well.

As a small business owner and a parent I told my staff and children that they could text me freely as needed. That regrettably turned out to be impossible. I was told that Celebrity has a new company to connect the ship's cellular communication system to a satellite. I was told that it worked well in Europe, but when they brought the ship over, not so much. We all have state-of-the-art iPhones, two from AT & T and two from Sprint, but they were...dead in the water. We subscribed to the WiFi on the ship, and that went down and couldn't be fixed for two days. The excellent staff of the I-Lounge were as helpful as can be, and graciously refunded the dollar balance on our account.

I don't want to leave you on a sour note. I have already booked my next Celebrity cruise, as our overall experience was outstanding. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>