Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by isaacmiba: New Year 2013 Family Cruise

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

New Year 2013 Family Cruise

Sail Date: December 2012

I chose Celebrity based on my perception of a more upscale cruise line. I have to say that I was disappointed as soon as we entered our TINY "Deluxe" Veranda cabin, 7124. To top it off, there was a horrible sewer smell in our bathroom two mornings in a row. The cleaning staff had to pour bleach down the drains and we had to open the balcony to air the cabin. Then on our last day we discovered that when you pressed on the tiles on the bathroom floor, water would sip in through the tiles on the floor meaning that there must be a broken pipe or something.

The next disappointment was the restaurant food. It did not meet my expectations as far as quality and presentation is concerned. I might be a self proclaimed foodie, but not even the Ocean Liners, at $40/person extra charge, impressed me a whole lot. The crepes, also at an extra charge, were very good though and so was the Tuna Sandwich, the salads and the stake on the Room Service Menu.

On a positive note, I must say More that the staff was courteous and attentive and tried to accommodate our requests the best they could.

The entertainment was good but not outstanding.

While in Cozumel, my teenage son and I opted for the ATV "Jungle" Excursion with Mayans Burial grounds. They forgot to tell us that the so call JUNGLE is a private ranch and there are NOT Mayan burial ground on the property, according to our own tour guide. I thought that I paid for something where the advertising was misleading to say the least. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Vista Deck (7) 7124

ATV Adventure

(1)
We booked the ATV "Jungle" Excursion with Mayans Burial grounds at the Excursion Desk on the ship. They forgot to tell us that the so call JUNGLE is a private ranch, not a jungle, and there are NOT Mayan burial grounds on the property, according to our own tour guide. I thought that I paid for something where the advertising was misleading to say the least.