Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by lgrug321

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: lgrug321
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: OS
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        16+ 4.0

Wonderful vacation!
Our cruise was a celebration. My son is graduating college, my youngest daughter is graduating high school and turning 18, I am turning 50 and my mother-in-law is turning 75. How better to celebrate than with a cruise?

We arrived at the port around 1PM.There is a lot of construction going on around the port, so that was a bit of a headache trying to find exactly where to go. Once inside the terminal, check in was efficient. We were on board by 1:45. We were allowed to go to our rooms immediately. There were 8 of us sailing so we had arranged for 2 adjacent balcony suites. Our steward was wonderful and by the time we returned from lunch the door between the balconies was open, giving us a very nice space. The cabin was in a nice location on the 7th deck; we found it fairly easy to navigate from.

Our suites were a little smaller than I expected, but had a very nice amount of storage space. Since our second room consisted of 4 females ranging in age from 17-23, it was all needed! My only complaint is the the sofa bed is very uncomfortable! I have bragged and bragged on the comfort of the beds on cruises, so I almost cried the first night when I dropped into bed and found it to be slightly more comfortable than sleeping on the ground. It would have been much nicer to have had an upper and lower berth in the room along with the 2 twins.

The food was good, but the dining room staff seemed to be a bit overwhelmed. They have increased the number of tables each head server is responsible for and given him another helper, but our waiter's helpers seemed to be "borrowed" by other servers frequently. As a result, our poor wonderful Richard had a hard time getting everything done. Expect it to take 1-1.5 hours to eat, and just enjoy it.

Entertainment has greatly improved in the past year, as have the comedians. I enjoyed every show I went to.

We did the self-assist and were off the boat by 6:30 AM.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip!

Publication Date: 01/10/13