Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by joshrach: Overall, a good cruise

Overall, a good cruise

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Overall,Carnival did a pretty good job with this cruise, but there were some misfires. The good:

perfect embarkation and debarkation. Best ever. Extremely efficient. A+.
Food: wide variety and of good quality. Better then our last Star Princess cruise. See "bad" for some food challenges.
Staff: Fantastic. Attentive. Friendly. Helpful.
Ship: Clean.

The bad (or strange?):

Daily "newsletter" full of errors, poorly laid-out,and a challenge to use. Example: conflicting information regarding movie show times on lido deck. lack of information regarding weather or other useful information.
Room: when we moved in to our cabin, we noticed the refrigerator still had dirty remains from the last guest! Cabin attendant was very apologetic.
The incident: our room wasn't cleaned on day 4. We phoned at 130PM and they tried to persuade me to wait until the "turn down" service due to a lack of staff. I said "no", and they said they would More clean it. At 4:00 PM, the room still had not been cleaned so I phoned again and went to Guest Services. The room was finally cleaned and I had visits from the floor supervisor and assistant manager -- very apologetic! Another minor incident -- my daughter found a female under garment in her room which did not belong to her. We're thinking it was from a past guest and the cleaning staff found it under the bed or some where and just left it for her, assuming it was hers. The food: for some strange reason, breakfast is not served in the main dining rooms on sea days. Instead, they serve a brunch from 9 to 130. Doesn't work well for me as I'm an "early" person. Lunch is NEVER served in the main dining rooms. Much different then Princess. What this means, is the lido deck and eating areas are packed with lots of passengers and all endure enormous waits. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>