Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Socalgirl

Cruise Date: June 2005
Cabin Category: 1a
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation was a snap, it only took about 20 minutes for me to get on the ship. My cabin was nice, perfect for me since I was traveling alone. However, it was directly above the Ivanhoe Theater and got a lot of noise which kept me from sleeping. Cabin steward Charles was super nice and did a great job of keeping me happy.

The ship's layout is much like other Carnival ships. The decor is really nice in the Glory Atrium, with red/white/blue lighting and decorations. The inlaid wood flag floor is really pretty. The dining room (Lincoln) was a little gaudy but fun. The bright pink walls with gold accents reminded me of a Russian Versailles.

The Prometheus pool area was great on sea days. The tiled area surrounding the pool where the water sloshes back and forth is great for relaxing and keeping cool while you chat and people watch.

I did not find Nassau to be that exciting but enjoyed strolling around the downtown area. St. Thomas is my favorite place to shop and I got a couple of good bargains there.

In St. Maarten, I took a cab to Marigot since I have been to Orient Beach there before and Philipsburg. The marina area in Marigot is very pretty and reminded me of being in France, where I have spent a lot of time, so I felt at home. I enjoyed a wonderful French lunch at a dockside open air restaurant/bar where I could people watch.

The service on Valor was very good overall but the cruise director, Brent, was not exciting. He had a good staff though.

The '80s show is not to be missed! The female singer is wonderful. The male singer does not have a great voice, but he did a pretty good job. The dancers are fantastic.

Overall, the Valor lived up to what I have come to expect from Carnival: friendly service, fun atmosphere, nice people, good food, good entertainment.

Publication Date: 07/12/05