Not really for couples: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by MReyCruise
Overall Member Rating
Not really for couples
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Overall impression was reasonable. On the plus side, the shows were good, live music was great (maybe 6 or so different bands playing every day) and we enjoyed the food. The service was also quite pleasant, although several of the attendants struggled to understand English. However, we did have a fantastic cruise director (Gordon) who tried to keep everyone happy. Also I could never complain about the scenery in NZ which was absolutely breathtaking.
However, we were disappointed with the cruise in a number of ways:
- Ship had many, many people... there was lots of queuing up (BBQ on the deck on the final day had a 30 minute queue), and it was very hard to find places just to quietly relax. We were More literally searching all over the ship trying to find a quiet corner, but it was tough. Obviously not helped by the large number of kids running around! (but on the flipside this does look like a decent cruise for families)
- The pools & jacuzis were quite small, and packed full of people. I hate to think what was in the water!! I never went in
- The decor of the ship was pretty tacky... think an RSL club... plus the tables, plates, cutlery etc were a bit dirty
- Wifi was prohibitively expensive... $6.50 for 10 minutes
- Coffee was awful - they seriously need to get a decent coffee/espresso place
- Miraculously, no Australian sport. I'm not a huge cricket fan but even I was disappointed to miss all of the Boxing Day Test!!
Overall, I'm happy I tried out the cruising thing, but I'd probably not book this ship / Royal Caribbean again until I have several kids and was going with a couple of other families.
However, I did really enjoy the shows and music, and the cruise director helped to keep things fun. So kudos to him. Less
Port and Shore Excursions
Aqua Class a nice way to cruis...
Waste of time and money.
Awesome Family Holiday
Great family holiday
Flow Rider and FR staff saved ...