Emerald Princess Cruise Review by brendina

Member Name: brendina
Cruise Date: December 2012
Cabin Category: VS
Cabin Number: L107
See More About: Emerald Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
        3-6 4.0

Ship Facts: Emerald Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Emerald Princess Deck Plans
Worst Cruise Ever
We travel a lot . My husband and I were in a full suite, deck 15. We treated our 5 y/o grandson and son. They were in a cabin a few doors down from us. Our suite was lovely until the first morning. We woke up to thumping, lights shaking, tv shaking. Horrible! Low & behold, we were directly under the treadmills. I was told we were under the spa and when you look at the ship staterooms online it indicated the spa. If I knew there were treadmills above us I would never have booked the suite! There is no notification that it will b a noisy suite. If a cabin comes with an obstructed view, you are aware of it and pay less for that cabin. We paid top dollar and could never relax in our suite. I notified the customer relations person who initially was not helpful. I asked for a meeting with hotel manager. He suggested keeping three machines closed. The next morning it was quieter but it didn't last. Every time I heard noise I would go to spa to c what machines were being used. The spa person said she was told by the customer relations manager that she could not shut down any additional machines. I called the hotel manager every time I heard the thumping. Finally I called corporate princess and they gave me $1150. We basically paid close to $14,000 for the two cabins. The $1150 is an insult! However it stilled ruined the trip. I felt lie I had to go thru hoops. The interesting thing s the the treadmills on the other side of (port) were rarely used. Since the entrance to gym was on our side of ship those machines were the first to b used.

Food was horrible. I have never had food so bad on a hip! In addition it took us 4 nights to b able to get Mac and cheese fr our grandson. We were told that every restaurant would be able to accommodate us except whenever we asked a waiter they had no clue what we were speaking about. Finally we found a waiter who managed to get us the Mac n cheese!

After leaving each port there was never a scheduled sail away party. There was only one day it was written on the daily schedule.

New years eve was nothing special. We had to pay to have champagne at midnight. On a celebrity new years eve cruise, they provided a glass of champagne to everyone and there were wonderful acrobats at stroke of midnight. All princess had was line dancing on upper deck, balloons in the piazza!

Princess Cay was no way as nice as the Holland America island. Also they nickel and dimed you for everything.

What was supposed to be a wonderful holiday cruise with family was a bust!

Publication Date: 01/09/13