Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Oduck74

Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Big Boat, Big Fun......Disappointing Casino Expriences......
First, I would like to start this review off by saying that my wife and I over all experience with getting on board as well as off board this "massive" ship was smooth and very quick!! Secondly, our overall interaction with this ship's staff(restaurant, housekeeping, bar, casino) was EXCELLENT, they all took really good care of us while on our cruise! Thirdly, the ship's food was excellent, a lot better than what I have had on my other cruise, plus the room service was free for food orders(beer, wine you had to pay for), but it was also good. Ok, now here were some of the "little" things which kind of got on my nerves during my cruise:

1. If you are one who likes to GAMBLE, AKA play BlackJack, Craps, then YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY and I mean ANY $5 minimum bets on any of the tables on this ship!! The minimum bet on the tables start at $6, then go on to $10 and even a $25 table, but most of the Blackjack tables start off at $6, the same with the Craps table. Plus, they do use automatic card shufflers and regular card shues(usually half tables with automatic shue and half with regular shue). Also, carefully read the Blackjack table's sign, it clearly states that they play with 8 packs of cards and REMOVE ALL OF THE QUEENS!!! Nice, real nice, nice to see that Carnival's Casino believes in trying to keep that "house" edge!

2. Also, some of this ship's casual eating stations which are located on the 10th floor in the "Gathering" section of the ship are supposed to be open from lunchtime up until 2:30pm-3:00pm, my wife and I found this to be a complete hassle all the time, these sections close way earlier than they are supposed to!! This completely sucked for my wife and I because a lot of these little eating stations have really good food!!

3. Another little pain in the butt thing that you have to watch out for on this ship is; the idiots who decide to when using the ship's elevator, to press the floor button and the close elevator button at the same time, which leaves you the party waiting for the elevator screwed because the elevator never stops at your floor and instead goes flying by you and then you have to wait another damn 30 minutes for a elevator to show up!

4. This ship is HUGE, you will get very tired on the very first day of your cruise from all of your walking around, so just take cat naps and go back out and explore this very cool and groovy ship!!

Publication Date: 01/09/13