Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Oduck74: Big Boat, Big Fun......Disappointing Casino Expriences......

Oduck74
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Big Boat, Big Fun......Disappointing Casino Expriences......

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First, I would like to start this review off by saying that my wife and I over all experience with getting on board as well as off board this "massive" ship was smooth and very quick!! Secondly, our overall interaction with this ship's staff(restaurant, housekeeping, bar, casino) was EXCELLENT, they all took really good care of us while on our cruise! Thirdly, the ship's food was excellent, a lot better than what I have had on my other cruise, plus the room service was free for food orders(beer, wine you had to pay for), but it was also good. Ok, now here were some of the "little" things which kind of got on my nerves during my cruise:

1. If you are one who likes to GAMBLE, AKA play BlackJack, Craps, then YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY and I mean ANY $5 minimum bets on any of the tables on this ship!! The minimum bet on the tables start at $6, then go on to $10 and even a $25 table, but most of the Blackjack tables start off at $6, the same with the Craps table. Plus, they do use More automatic card shufflers and regular card shues(usually half tables with automatic shue and half with regular shue). Also, carefully read the Blackjack table's sign, it clearly states that they play with 8 packs of cards and REMOVE ALL OF THE QUEENS!!! Nice, real nice, nice to see that Carnival's Casino believes in trying to keep that "house" edge!2. Also, some of this ship's casual eating stations which are located on the 10th floor in the "Gathering" section of the ship are supposed to be open from lunchtime up until 2:30pm-3:00pm, my wife and I found this to be a complete hassle all the time, these sections close way earlier than they are supposed to!! This completely sucked for my wife and I because a lot of these little eating stations have really good food!!

3. Another little pain in the butt thing that you have to watch out for on this ship is; the idiots who decide to when using the ship's elevator, to press the floor button and the close elevator button at the same time, which leaves you the party waiting for the elevator screwed because the elevator never stops at your floor and instead goes flying by you and then you have to wait another damn 30 minutes for a elevator to show up!

4. This ship is HUGE, you will get very tired on the very first day of your cruise from all of your walking around, so just take cat naps and go back out and explore this very cool and groovy ship!! Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Riviera 1317

My wife and I's cabin was your "basic" Interior cabin with a king size bed, we liked it a lot and it was not too small. The shower was awesome and always had hot water when needed. Housekeeping service was excellent and fast! The Cabin's Digital TV was big and worked well. The TV also featured the ability to order room service, which my wife and I used quite a lot!

It's Nassau, what are you expecting really?? Of course it's dirty and third world country looking near it's port, all ports in the Caribbean are dirty looking!! I really hated paying for the taxi's here, they are usually either $5 or $7 a person, one way, depending where you are wanting to go. Buying anything here is EXPENSIVE, especially booze!
Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

Drinks and taxi cab rides are extremely cheap here!! The background view of this island is BEAUTIFUL, the water is BEAUTIFUL!! The port is even clean and beautiful!! The Casino on the island called the "Jump In" even has $5 Blackjack and Crap tables!!! Try a Coconut milk drink free sample when you get off of your ship in port, it is awesome!! The only catch here is that the t-shirt and other little key chain or souvenirs are about $1.25 more here than Nassau or St. Thomas.

The overall look and feel of this port was cool, it was cleaner and smelled better here. The mountains and the water's beautiful blue hues made this a very memorable experience for my wife and I!The beer and drinks here were a bit pricey as was the taxi cabs to and from the port. Its about $7 a person, one way, for a cab ride.
Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews