Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by conradowa: Beautiful Ship but poor cabin design

conradowa
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Beautiful Ship but poor cabin design

Sail Date: December 2012

My family took the new years eastern Caribbean cruise (12/28/12 to 01/05/13). We have cruised with NCL and enjoy their FreeStyle which is great for us since I have two teenage kids. The Epic is a beautiful ship, great pool area and delicious food. The shows;Blue Man Group, Legends in Concert and Cirque du Soleil; were very good but not as good as the Las Vegas shows. I do not agree with having to pay to see the Cirque du Soleil show since the venue was small with poor visibility and the food selection was poor.

The cabin design is horrible, there is no private bathroom. The shower and toilet are beside the cabin door and just have a frosted glass. There is no privacy, you have to dry yourself in the cabin just in front the door with a curtain dividing the tiny space beside the shower and toilet from the rest of the small cabin. If you are traveling with other people in your cabin beside your spouse this is not the cruise to take. I will never consider traveling again in this More type of cabin configuration no matter how great the ship is.

Overall the cruise was very good but I cannot think why the cabin was so poorly design. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>