Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by dude/billiejo'smom

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by dude/billiejo'smom
Carnival Conquest
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Conquest for Christmas
This is our 7Th Carnival cruise and we decided to book for Christmas. A bit different as usually we are "off season" cruisers. We went with the Conquest to check out the "2.0" upgrades, which didn't disappoint. I'm a good news person so here goes, the shows were shorter and available twice throughout the sailing..that was great because you could plan other stuff do to and still catch shows later. LOVED the Alchemy bar, great drinks on the menu, plus the bartenders made things not on them that were really outstanding. Can't wait for that to hit all the ships! Loved Guys burger, lines moved really well thru there, the Blue Iguana lines were slower because they made the tortillas right then. We always enjoy dining options on Carnival and this time was no different. I liked the pizza set up better, seemed faster to me, never waited over 10min for pizza. one of the best things about Carnival is just how friendly the employees are. I like being greeted by my name and it gave me incentive to remember the names of folks we dealt with directly.

on Christmas the YTD was backed up and I really liked seeing the Maitre D step in and help bus and re-set up tables... everyone worked really hard to make sure that things ran smoothly.

We booked our room on the panorama deck and if you've got a choice to do that, I'd highly recommend it--only one set of elevators and your only 1 set of stairs down to the Lido deck. it's quiet too, you can't hear any of the music from the Lido! we booked it all over the ship from our room and never had any issues getting the stairs or elevators. gonna go with a resounding "thumbs up" for the Conquest.

Publication Date: 01/07/13