Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by JMaclauchlan: Underwhelmed

Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Western Caribbean Cruises

Underwhelmed

Sail Date: December 2012

I was with DW for my sister's wedding cruise, she was getting hitched on the beach in Key West and then a trip to Cozumel, a 4 day cruise. I must say the check-in processes was the smoothest I have experienced probably would have been easier if their online check in process would have been more current( IE told that we would have to get our luggage tags from a porter but then they sent them via snail-mail but also on our e ticket book and they lost our prepaid gratuities), but that was easily corrected by the excellent guest services staff the sommelier, Imade, was the only highlight of our MDR experience and there ends the pros of this trip.

Overall the service seemed to be lacking and going through the motions and the food in the MDR and buffet was just as lacking and the buffet itself seemed poorly organized in that you had to go through the whole line of stations just to get what you wanted and not seem like you were cutting in line, we were even served cold burgers at the More poolside grill,and no one seemed to care. And like another poster on the What's wrong the Connie, our stateroom's bedding looked worn and was even torn in a few places. Not sure about this as this is my first cruise on Celebrity but was put off by, the highly repetitive, sales tables.

My last complaint is more about the Constellation herself, our cabin was 2185 which is right by the entrance to the crew's section and right under the MDR's galley so by the time we were retiring after our late seating in the MDR we were treated to the sounds of washing dishes etc. We also had a lovely smell coming from the black water check valve compartment across from our stateroom's door ( black water is sewer lines btw).

This was DW second cruise (her first was our honeymoon cruise aboard Carnival Fascination ) and she couldn't believe how much better our experience was with Carnival seeing how Celebrity is supposed to be more upscale.

I highly doubt we will cruise with Celebrity again. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Oceanview Stateroom Vista Deck (7) 2185

Our cabin couldn't have been in a worse position. We were on deck two, absolute last cabin on the port side, right outside the hatch to the crew's living spaces as well as next to a black water( ie waste) check valve access panel that had a foul order coming from it. Additionally we were right under the MDR's Galley wash area so when we got back from our late seating dinner we got to listen to the staff doing the dishes.

This is my third time calling at Key West on a cruise, I dont understand why on the past two trips we pulled in 8AM and 7AM when nothing in Key West gets started til 10. and you have to be back aboard by 1PM EST.
Read 734 Key West Reviews

Ardastra Gardens

(4)
Its more of a small zoo as opposed to a Garden but a nice trip and the flamingo show was really nice!

Nassau Tour

(3)
Nice trip around the City we enjoyed the trip the Ardastra Garden which is more of a Zoo.