Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Allih1990

Member Name: Allih1990
Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: AA
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Calm Cruising
Personally, I would like a little more action on my cruise! Embarkation was by far the smoothest I have ever experienced. On sea days there wasn't much to do.

My fiance actually proposed to me on the first formal night at the captains party. It was a fantastic experience! We also got to pour the first bottle of champagne on the champagne waterfall!

Our stateroom attendant, Dennis, was absolutely wonderful! He catered to our every need, no matter how ridiculous. Dennis was absolutely amazing.

The dining room staff were very personable, but to be honest, they were slow. Everybody in their section had to be there before they would even take your order, which meant sitting there with only water and bread for up to thirty minutes, at times. The food was just average. There was nothing on the cruise that was particularly tasty. The overall food experience was less than satisfactory. We sat in the Palm dining room, which is located at the back of the ship by the engines. As somebody that has been on well over 20 cruises, I can assure that I do not get sea sick, but on three separate occasions I had to leave the dining room before dinner was over because I felt sick to my stomach. The dining room was hot and for being on such a low deck, surprisingly rocky.

Our room was relatively outdated, although we had a huge balcony. The only problem with the balcony was that everybody above you could look down and see what you were doing.

The entertainment was, to be honest, not very entertaining.

They had a pretty good selection of art, although relatively over priced.

The day after our engagement, my fiance booked a couples massage. The massage was wonderful, but interestingly enough, they charged each of our accounts separately. It would have been fine, but we were using to separate accounts and it was something that he wanted to do for me as a treat. The policy of the ship is apparently to book couples treatments separately, which is a bit disappointing.

Oh, and then there was the pianist who was singing a song titled "My Ding-a-ling". Classy, right?

Overall, the cruise was a bit disappointing. My fiance and I had a wonderful time being together, but it wasn't the cruise we were expecting.

Publication Date: 01/07/13