Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by CMSDAD: Vision of the Sea needs better

CMSDAD
Member Since 2006
1 Post

Compare Prices on Vision of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Vision of the Sea needs better

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

OK...so it was a great time to be aboard the Vision of The Sea for 11 mights! We enjoyed it...we were in a Grand Suite and chose late seating dinner. All good, right? Yes...for the most part.

We have been cruising for many years and have, recently, taken to staying in a suite for the longer cruises. We find that extra room is nice when aboard for longer cruises.

The GOOD: The cruise staff was extremely engaging and very pleasant. They were not annoying as some are and they genuinely got people involved! Kudos to them! The food was generally quite good--I would say better than many of the recent cruises we have taken. New Year's Eve was, possibly, the best meal I have had on a cruise. Overall (as is usually the case on cruises) the beef was excellent and the pasta was very good. The fish was mediocre and the fruit was excellent. They have a policy of having lobster and filet mignon on the "menu" every night---it will cost you $86 per person to get it which, More in my opinion, is OUTRAGEOUS! You pay all that money to go on the cruise and they have the audacity to charge that much extra??? Lounge chairs were relatively abundant and we did not have problems getting them. The price point for this cruise seemed to be lower than many--the drinks, massages, and wine (by the bottle) seemed a bit lower than other R/C cruises we have taken. That is ALWAYS a nice thing!

THE BAD: The issue with the filet mignon as above---granted, there are no specialty restaurants so this may be their justification Paying the price we did for the Suite, one would think some significant luxuries would accompany that. Other ships (R/C included) give you daily hor's d'oeuvres in the room--granted, this ship invites you to a special lounge for Suite guests each night before dinner.

THE UGLY: The ship needs some refurbishing. It is kept up nicely given its age but there is some wear-and-tear.

I think that the best thing to say about the Vision is that it is an EXCELLENT value for the money. I suspect that R/C keeps the price of things down as it attracts bargain hunters on this ship. Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Vision of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Vision of the Seas Grand Suite Deck 8 8514

8014--great suite; too far forward but all suites are there!

(5.5)
Another place I have not been to i years. R/C has built this place up magnificently and it was great! Wonderful beach, wonderful sports, edible food (the BBQs still stink!) and now you need not tender as they built a huge dock! Really a great stop!
Read 357 Labadee Reviews

The most disappointing place I have been to in years! I recall being here several years (?8?) ago and it was a nice island! Now it is AWFUL!! Fort-du-France was a hell hole with NOTHING to offer! Worse. the cabbies and the islanders tried to rip people off left and right! One cabbie wanted to charge a family of four the cost for eight because he could not find another 4 people for his cab! The beach folk were equallt as bad trying to get 60 euro per lounge!! PLEASE!!!! Stay away from this place.

ATV Adventure

(5.5)
Great excursion! Lots of fun and great guides

Beautiful island!

Horrible place!! Nothing there...the only island I have seen worse than this is Dominica! We took a GREAT excurison---kayaking where the guides were lots of fun to be with. If you dont take an excursion, stay on the ship!