“Bit disappointed in RCCL”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

Galveston2007 Mariner of the Seas 4 Bit disappointed in RCCL
Galveston2007
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Mariner of the Sea was a beautiful ship. It was easy to get around on and the staff was friendly. We were not hounded for drinks or picture taking which was fantastic! The Promenade was great - we stopped by there daily for snacks (not much that I could eat - not gluten friendly!) We were in an inside cabin and true to RCCL - not very roomy. Had to crawl in to the bed but we knew that when we booked so it was not that much of a problem. We were far enough away from the elevators so there were no issues with outside noise! We had an awesome cabin steward and he was so good to us. Food on the Windjammer seemed to be pretty much the same each day so after a few days - very boring. The staff that greeted us each time was annoying as they would say 'sanitize your hands'. How did they know a person didn't just wash with soap and water but I guess it is a good thing to stress keeping hands clean before eating to prevent illness from spreading. Shows - nothing earth shaking. The one commedian - at the night show - had lots of people walking out so that tells a story all in itself! The ice show was really nice. Enjoyed the climbing wall...didn't quite make it all the way up but my husband did. I have dietary issues and had forwarded all my info to RCCL months in advance - including a letter from my doctor - but RCCL seems not to fully understand celiac disease - so - while not as horrible as the experience on Adventure of the Sea in 2011 - it was far from nice. Royal Caribbean has lots to learn about gluten issues - and they need to better train the staff! After I got an awful pasta dish - I don't what I did - but whatever it was - I started getting better service after that - and cannot really complain about the food other than Royal doesn't seem to have the choice other lines have. Loved the ports! We zip lined in Honduras - which was awesome. In Belize we snorkeled and then spent some time on a private island. In Cozumel - the only day we had rough weather - we did the dolphin adventure which was fun. Will we cruise with RCCL again? Can't say no - but it will not be our first choice.
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

Snorkeling - booked through the ship. Water was a bit cloudy - but with about 75 people in the water snorkeling together guess that is to be expected. Nice time on Rendezvous Island - very relaxing.
Read 2,062 Belize City Reviews
Dolphin Swim & Encounter
Water was very rough the day we were there so we felt very rushed and did not get the free time that was advertised - understandable because the water was so choppy. Even with the water being the way it was - it was quite exciting to be so up close and personal with the dolphins! Was disappointed that we were no allowed to have cameras with us while in the water - and the picture package from the park was extremely costly ($199.00)
Port
Zip Lining (Victor Bodden) was worth every penny. Kids had fun with the little monkeys - got some really good pictures. So much fun!
Read 2,205 Roatan Reviews
Published 01/07/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Mariner of the Seas Review
Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?