Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Galveston2007

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Galveston2007
Mariner of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Member Name: Galveston2007
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Galveston
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        10-12 1.0
        16+ 1.0

Bit disappointed in RCCL
Mariner of the Sea was a beautiful ship. It was easy to get around on and the staff was friendly. We were not hounded for drinks or picture taking which was fantastic! The Promenade was great - we stopped by there daily for snacks (not much that I could eat - not gluten friendly!)

We were in an inside cabin and true to RCCL - not very roomy. Had to crawl in to the bed but we knew that when we booked so it was not that much of a problem. We were far enough away from the elevators so there were no issues with outside noise! We had an awesome cabin steward and he was so good to us.

Food on the Windjammer seemed to be pretty much the same each day so after a few days - very boring. The staff that greeted us each time was annoying as they would say 'sanitize your hands'. How did they know a person didn't just wash with soap and water but I guess it is a good thing to stress keeping hands clean before eating to prevent illness from spreading.

Shows - nothing earth shaking. The one commedian - at the night show - had lots of people walking out so that tells a story all in itself! The ice show was really nice.

Enjoyed the climbing wall...didn't quite make it all the way up but my husband did.

I have dietary issues and had forwarded all my info to RCCL months in advance - including a letter from my doctor - but RCCL seems not to fully understand celiac disease - so - while not as horrible as the experience on Adventure of the Sea in 2011 - it was far from nice. Royal Caribbean has lots to learn about gluten issues - and they need to better train the staff! After I got an awful pasta dish - I don't what I did - but whatever it was - I started getting better service after that - and cannot really complain about the food other than Royal doesn't seem to have the choice other lines have.

Loved the ports! We zip lined in Honduras - which was awesome. In Belize we snorkeled and then spent some time on a private island. In Cozumel - the only day we had rough weather - we did the dolphin adventure which was fun.

Will we cruise with RCCL again? Can't say no - but it will not be our first choice.

Publication Date: 01/07/13