“Ryndam Western Carribean”

sassey
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I never thought I would be writing a review like this but here it goes.First of all we took this cruise to get our points to be a four star mariner,because we wanted to do the forty two day cruise to the med. We are not sure that we want to do it now.The service on the liddo was very bad.They were always running out of food and very unorganized.I don't blame the workers for that,but the head of the food service.You never seem him checking on his people.The head of the boys that cleaned the tables was out there with them all the time and working right along with them. I don't know why they have a cruise director he doesn't do anything and his assistances don't either.The pool is dead there is no activity around it.Our room steward where the high light of my day.They were wonderful. Now for the ports the first seven days the second port was terrible.Than we went to the other ports which was ok.We went to Curacao and the docked way out in the industrial area.It was like a mile and a half into town which was very hot to walk.They did have a ferry to take you but when it was time to come back it wasn 't working so you had to walk anyway.The ports that was fun to see they didn't stay long enough. After this cruise Iam sad to say that we don't know if we will sail with Holland again. They need to improve their management on the ships. Oh I almost forgot some friend of our didn't have A/c for four days and one of them their toilet had a delayed flush.Over all very very dissatisfied.
Overall Ratings

Published 01/07/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ryndam Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?