Pride of America Cruise Review by SpendingTheirInheritance

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Pride of America Cruise Review by SpendingTheirInheritance
Pride of America
Cabin Category: BC
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

A very pleasant cruise
The PoA is a nice ship with a lot of character. What I liked best about her was the library. It was huge, and a nice quiet place to relax with a book. I understand that this spring she's going into dry dock where they will replace the current conference rooms with some suites and solo cabins. Being a solo traveler, I think that's wonderful!

The majority of my experiences with the crew were outstanding. However, some of the younger crew didn't get the concept of a library being quiet, so there were some rambunctious conversations that were really annoying.

The food was good. Typical NCL quality on the buffet, though a bit monotonous. However, there was suckling pig on the last evening. Outstanding! The specialty restaurants were quite good and ran the spectrum of "meh" to exceptional; with the Lazy J on the "meh" end (I don't understand why it's the most expensive. I could have cooked a similar meal myself.) and Jefferson's Bistro on the exceptional end. I also attended the Chef's Table event, which was fantastic. The chef was very approachable and willing to share her recipes. The Cauliflower Flan in Asparagus Cream was to die for!

Because I'm an early riser/retirer, I didn't see a lot of the entertainment, so I can't comment on it.

Being an early person, I tend to eat dinner early, so I wish the happy hours were earlier than 5:30. If you are a martini fan, you must go to the Pink Champagne bar. They have 20+ infusions of vodka. Try the coffee bean flavored one; trust me, it's awesome.

Aloha!