Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by kathlyn1688: A perfect solution

A perfect solution

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Neither of us have been on vacation for over 10 years. We were way overdue to relax. We wanted to find a vacation that we could fit on my spring break from college. After days and days of searching we found the perfect vacation. This 10 day cruise was the perfect remedy for us. I have never been on a cruise before and I was a bit skeptical because I tend to get motion sickness, but I quickly found out how well Seabandz helped.

We absolutely loved the Enchantment of the Seas. This was our first real boat so it seemed HUGE to us. However some people that we met said that there was barely anything to do on this boat because it is so small compared to the other boats they have been on. We didn't care, we were loving every minute of it.

It took us a couple days to figure out how to navigate around the boat but that was the fun part of it. The boat was amazing. The artwork throughout was pretty cool to look at.

My favorite part of the boat was the solarium. It was More just so warm and cozy that I just laid on the chair and read a book.

Cabin: We had an interior room. We didn't need a big fancy room because all we were going to do in there was shower, change, and sleep. The only thing that I would change is that I would bring an alarm clock because there is no window for the sun to come in to wake you up. We usually use our phones as alarms but we weren't going to pay for the phone charges just for an alarm and the room phone was too far away especially if the volume is too low to hear.

Dining: The Windjammer for lunch wasn't as bad as many people say it is. It is just a drastic change from a fancy dinner to a casual lunch. However, the dinner in My Fair Lady were spectacular! My boyfriend is one of the healthiest people that I know and he was scarfing down 2 to 3 main courses each dinner while I tried a few desserts. We didn't know this at the beginning but if you aren't full you can get more than one dish. Also if you don't like something you can also get something else. Another thing, on "CRUISING DAYS (SEA DAYS)" My fair lady hosts lunch at a certain time so make sure you try and get in that lunch. The salad bar is awesome.

Entertainment: There was always something to do. The games are usually the best. The shows are pretty entertaining. And if you aren't amused by them you can always go to the casino.

Service: The help was probably the best part. They work so hard to please every single person on that ship. Everyone is so friendly, kind, and always giving a warming smile. If you need anything, they are right there to help you in any way they can.

We would do this exact same cruise in a heart beat. This was a great experience. We are actually going on this cruise without key west this coming march. We are looking forward to continuing our new tradition. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Enchantment of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 3665

Adding an alarm clock in the room would be very helpful.

This was Royal Caribbean's private island. It was a really cool set up. When we got there, it was us and another Royal Caribbean's boat. The water around the island is too shallow for the boat to dock on the island so there are transfer boats that pick us up in the middle of the water. They provided lunch on the island that was an open buffet setting. We snorkeled here, the water was a little too chilly for my taste, but it was still cool to see everything underneath the water.
Read 226 CocoCay Reviews

I did enjoy Key West. It didn't have much of a beach unless you were staying at the hotel. We found a strip of beach maybe about 20' x 30', it wasn't big at all. The island was mainly for shopping and drinking. There were a lot of stores on the island that had a lot of great deals. There is a small outdoor bar that has the best key lime pie margarita and you were able to drink it on the street. If you like shopping and drinking, you will want to get off the boat for this port.
Read 734 Key West Reviews

I personally loved coming to Nassau, Bahamas. There are tons of things to do here. There is Atlantis right across the way, which we didn't go to but I would have loved to. There's tons of shopping and beaches around. We spent half the day on the beach and the other half shopping. The Straw Market doesn't accept credit cards only cash so if you want to buy anything in there, make sure you have cash on you. The stores that are actually on the street accept credit cards which I wish someone would have told us because all we brought was cash (but in a way we were probably better off because I would have done a lot more shopping than I did). The only downfall was that to get into the city, you had to go through a building where you get hounded.
Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

We absolutely loved Port Canaveral so much that we are actually looking to move here. There is a beach maybe about 5 minute walking distance from where the boat docks. When you leave the dock area, turn left following the fence and you'll run right into it. We spent most of our day there. We also found out that if you take a taxi into the city, they can take credit cards. We wished we would have known that before because we took money out from the ATM before we got off the boat. We also found out that you are able to take a case of water on the boat as long as it is unopened and in tact. Anyway this was a great city, the taxi who brought us into town showed us around a little bit and it was just gorgeous and everyone was so friendly.