Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by kathlyn1688

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by kathlyn1688
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: kathlyn1688
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

A perfect solution
Neither of us have been on vacation for over 10 years. We were way overdue to relax. We wanted to find a vacation that we could fit on my spring break from college. After days and days of searching we found the perfect vacation. This 10 day cruise was the perfect remedy for us. I have never been on a cruise before and I was a bit skeptical because I tend to get motion sickness, but I quickly found out how well Seabandz helped.

We absolutely loved the Enchantment of the Seas. This was our first real boat so it seemed HUGE to us. However some people that we met said that there was barely anything to do on this boat because it is so small compared to the other boats they have been on. We didn't care, we were loving every minute of it.

It took us a couple days to figure out how to navigate around the boat but that was the fun part of it. The boat was amazing. The artwork throughout was pretty cool to look at.

My favorite part of the boat was the solarium. It was just so warm and cozy that I just laid on the chair and read a book.

Cabin: We had an interior room. We didn't need a big fancy room because all we were going to do in there was shower, change, and sleep. The only thing that I would change is that I would bring an alarm clock because there is no window for the sun to come in to wake you up. We usually use our phones as alarms but we weren't going to pay for the phone charges just for an alarm and the room phone was too far away especially if the volume is too low to hear.

Dining: The Windjammer for lunch wasn't as bad as many people say it is. It is just a drastic change from a fancy dinner to a casual lunch. However, the dinner in My Fair Lady were spectacular! My boyfriend is one of the healthiest people that I know and he was scarfing down 2 to 3 main courses each dinner while I tried a few desserts. We didn't know this at the beginning but if you aren't full you can get more than one dish. Also if you don't like something you can also get something else. Another thing, on "CRUISING DAYS (SEA DAYS)" My fair lady hosts lunch at a certain time so make sure you try and get in that lunch. The salad bar is awesome.

Entertainment: There was always something to do. The games are usually the best. The shows are pretty entertaining. And if you aren't amused by them you can always go to the casino.

Service: The help was probably the best part. They work so hard to please every single person on that ship. Everyone is so friendly, kind, and always giving a warming smile. If you need anything, they are right there to help you in any way they can.

We would do this exact same cruise in a heart beat. This was a great experience. We are actually going on this cruise without key west this coming march. We are looking forward to continuing our new tradition.

Publication Date: 01/07/13