Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by LCPL76

Member Name: LCPL76
Cruise Date: November 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 6A
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Better than nothing I guess
Being Platinum members embarkation was a breeze. But once onboard you could tell that this ship is really due for help which we knew it is getting.

Our room had been refurbished already - flat screen, new bathroom, cabinets seemed new. But you could tell that the refurb of the room had been taken care of by the maintenance crew or at least not by a professional ship yard. We have been on refurbished ships that were done professionally and this was not. Maybe the small touch ups will be done in Italy?

The food was not great at either the buffet or the main dining room. TheLido deck is really showing wear and they aint doin nothing to help b4 the refurb. The ondeck screen showed the footbal game which was great and the sports bar showed all the college games which was great. The casino did pay good we won several dollars there. KIds every where even in the adult area. Security not doin thier job. Ice cream machines put out a poor product more like icemilk instead of ice cream.

Carnival has a lot to do to bring this ship up to date. I truely hope they can make it happen. Because of all that I have seen of what they hope to do they really have thier work cut out for them. But most will happen in Italy so it will be done right there.

I waited a long time to write this so that I could do it objectivly and not pissed of as I was when I left the ship. Carnival reallly needs to step up to the plate . They have slipped in the last few years. Thats why when we want to spend the big money we go on Royal.

Publication Date: 01/07/13